Nokia Lumia Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter zeitgeist
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 104
  • Views Views 12,139
Super excited! Now if only someone could tell me what differentiates the two models apart from internal storage...

Screen size ;) , addons like covers etc. Early to say though.

wireless charging as standard? that would surprise me. they said the same about Galaxy s iii. but turned out it was an accessory combo that i believe is still not on sale?yey. Nokia doing a featurephone with smartphones. interchangeable plastic covers. /s

and it would be real sad if they start using pureview branding for phones with 8mp sensors. i mean fine you have improved technology and shit like that. but keep pureview branding for phones with more powerful sensors. i wonder how soon we would have to thicker phones if better quality cameras becomes a popular component of the smartphone because of this new phenomenon. i mean megapixels are fine... everyone knows how shitty phones actually are from phone cameras. if having an few extra mm on my phone lets me have a bigger battery and a much better camera, why not?

you are again missing the point. pureview is not about resolution. it is about the sensor quality. 808 was designed to use the 41mp sensor to improve images on 8mp images.

without a high quality sensor, quality of large images are going to be grainy. and without a proper zoom lens, optical zoom is going to suck. in the end sensor is the most important component in a camera from what i understand. i am of course not an expert, but from what i believe 808 pureview had incredible shots because of the 41mp sensor combined with a camera unit that was around 8mp.

i should get out of here because i am not an expert. but Engadget called the rumored 8mp pureview camera in the upcoming wp devices as fauxview for a good reason. Nokia is just diluting the brand they created with pureview.

The technology was used for 8mp as well as 5mp for various types of custom shots like bokeh and panning effect.The image size was also important. A normal pic with pure view pro-5MP setting gives a very detailed image.I have posted a pic somewhere in 808 thread :)"Pureview Pro (Nokia 808) and Pureview" Hope nokia clears it out.

Back