Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,963
what i would suggest is start using nicknames for people that you contact often. search for the nicks rather than their full name.of course you can mark them as favorite and get faster access to them from the third column of the people's app.

I will do a phonebook restore if it work then fine otherwise go with your suggestions to manage with this bug.

Yeah, it was as early as in May beginning, when S3 was launched, that I said knowing Samsung, it would not reduce prices of S2 & Note. Its been 2.5 months. I dont see much change.

hmm..Will a factory reset do? ..Ok..let me do it another way..I will delete all the Dr contact and re-enter manually. Can you please tell me how to re-install ICS without rooting or violating warranty.

you are not getting it. just recreate the contacts or remove the dr. part in it. just have names. it should work just fine. reinstalling the software would not change how android indexes and searches for contacts in your address book.

or get a third party dialer. i liked touchpal dialer. it worked well for me.

Without Dr word its working fine as I have already posted, searching doctor by other letters also working fine problem is with only Dr word. I was asking about re-installation because that same indexing thing came in my mind that it might be corrupted due to some reason.Will try the touchpal.

Just tried the thing iCon mentioned. It isn't detecting salutations. I can just say that it's a stupid stupid bug from Google. I am running ICS.

Back