Slow Speed and High Ping Problems on Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband

1. Gamers constitute a very small percent of broadband users in India. The average Joe here does not care about latency, packet loss as long as YouTube, Netflix,amzn prime and other content works fine. Most average users only care about speed, which I am guessing is still going great on the above mentioned service.

2. In north India, I know a few people who complain about the ping, some of them are in Delhi also (you can join the telegram group pm me the telegram id). Asking around and requesting them to post MTR results is one way to figuring this out.

3. All exit nodes may not be loaded at the same time. You can check his exit IPs and compare them with yours to see if they are the same. If not then it means they slowly add users till they cross x% utilisation on nodes.

4. Basically to stop people from sending them MTR screenshots which show that the high ping problem is because of the routers in their network. By hiding them you can see that the high ping now starts at some other ISPs node. They (Jio folks) can claim that the problem is with the other ISP and simply ignore further requests (shady shit).

If you have any other ISP as the option. I would suggest switching, else best you can do is keep on complaining.

@achaudhary997 Is the Telegram group a group of broadband users from Delhi? Then send me the link as well.

Nah it's a normal jiofiber group that was initally made on this forum to discuss some cheap plans that jio had. I'm sorry it does not have a joining link (not a supergroup), if you can send me your telegram id I can add you to it.

1. Gamers constitute a very small percent of broadband users in India. The average Joe here does not care about latency, packet loss as long as YouTube, Netflix,amzn prime and other content works fine. Most average users only care about speed, which I am guessing is still going great on the above mentioned service.

2. In north India, I know a few people who complain about the ping, some of them are in Delhi also (you can join the telegram group pm me the telegram id). Asking around and requesting them to post MTR results is one way to figuring this out.

3. All exit nodes may not be loaded at the same time. You can check his exit IPs and compare them with yours to see if they are the same. If not then it means they slowly add users till they cross x% utilisation on nodes.

4. Basically to stop people from sending them MTR screenshots which show that the high ping problem is because of the routers in their network. By hiding them you can see that the high ping now starts at some other ISPs node. They (Jio folks) can claim that the problem is with the other ISP and simply ignore further requests (shady shit).

If you have any other ISP as the option. I would suggest switching, else best you can do is keep on complaining.

Exit IP of the hops were random (Which are now hidden). If you tracrt or mtr a IP. Exit IP can be different everytime.

This is serious disheartening that they claimed a lot of stuff (which they have said officially) but nothing has been implemented or cared about.

1. They advertise their network as true fiber. No fiber is true fiber if it's 1:10.

2. The advertise their network as gaming. You know what I am facing right now.

3. They claimed speeds will be good all the time, there are times in day when speed is slow that i would get only 1Mbps of speed (not 1Mb/s) and that is also jio to jio server.

4. They have least quality of engineers. The people they send to fix your connection are those who don't know how to ping test or tracert.

Overall. I can say future is not great for them. Local area engineer and head doesn't want this issue to escalate further as they think their job is in risk if they cannot fix it themselves... (i hope you getting my point).

They just don't know this issue is way above their pay grade.

There is no way you can reach the actually technical team of jiofiber which sits in Mumbai. When these local team talks to those Mumbai guys, they are almost ready to pee in pants. They fear them this much. But the bad thing is that, mumbai team is being fooled at multiple occasions by local team from installation to resolution.

Like they would send them fake (already taken) screenshot of the power everytime. Like if your connection power of fiber is 27 they would send them already taken 22 power image (taken long back of some other connection). ----- 1 Blunder of JioFIber.

They would use bare hands and mouth spit to splice the fiber cable ----- 2nd Blunder

They would say modem is dead, we are replacing the modem (even though modem is fine) ---- 3rd Blunder

They would tell them fake speeds and ping on call (even though I was complaining). ---- 4th Blunder

It is all happening because there is no one on these rude so called technical engineers as their head like Airtel has.

My cousin told me, Airtel makes sure issue is resolved, in jio area team closed my ticket without resolving the issue and without contacting me.

If you are from Delhi, that bridge (local team) is threatening to this network.

Moreover, calling to JioFiber Nodal Team says it's not JioFiber Nodal and we don't have JioFiber nodal (website mention otherwise).

It is super super super shady shit if you ask me.

I only have Airtel as alternative... Their speed is not enough to fulfill my household demand. That is why. They are just giving 40Mbps.

Last edited:
You can try contacting jio on twitter (or jio fiber if it is there on twitter). They usually call back from Mumbai after raising an issue on twitter. Make sure you tell them what all you tried and how the local team is not helping.

^ how do you know they call from mumbai? :eek:

I did try this.. they simply take request and it goes to delhi team directly.

Reactions: a.c
I tried complaining to them for a non technical issue (regarding the jio phone). The guy who called me back told me he is from Mumbai office.

Btw, What is the deal with Jio with Microsoft? Isn't they supposed to have better connectivity with each other? I mean i should be getting good ping to mircrosoft servers at aleast?

Back