Slow Speed and High Ping Problems on Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband

You should be but I guess since anything about their deal is not public yet (as in no service with Microsoft-Jio branding is available) they won't care about ping/packet loss issues even to MSFT servers.

I have some questions if you could answer me.

1. Why is it only me complaining about this issue on this whole forum of thousands of members? If not 1000 there has to be some 10-20-50-100 users of JioFiber on this forum. They don't have this issue.

You are not alone, I have tweeted to Jio about their routing and high ping issues multiple times. They don't simply care. I am planning to lodge a pgportal complaint against Jio and their non-responsive behaviour.

Even though that the path after the VPN is great. But, in JIO, even the path to the VPN server is messed up. The data takes about 100-150 ms just to reach the VPN server, after which it takes a better path but by then it's too late as that 100-150ms has already been added by jio routers.

If you can find some vpn provider to which you have low pings then it will work.

I have tried NordVPN, Amazon AWS VPN (my own), I will try Zenmate and some other and see.. You have any suggestions specially any vpn which has server in Delhi?

Because I think server in Delhi might improve it?

I don't know any provider in Delhi. There will be a few vps providers in Delhi (mostly noida region). A Google search gives me a few results but I haven't heard any name from that list. Just check Google and see if you like one of them.

I tried IPVanish which has Delhi Server and it was same story. No solution.

One thing.. Is there any possibility if I move to IPv6 can improve this?

JioFiber supports IPv6

8UMmjuw.png

For the first time, I was able to find a domain which took VSNL (Tata) route on JioFiber.

Via. which I was able to know the IP of the Tata VSNL.

This is the direct tracert to the Tata VSNL Delhi.

Can you see the ping?

@achaudhary997 I wanted to know if the issue is with me only or it should be everyone in delhi? I mean their exit gateways which they are hiding now are placed locally in the area or are they placed at a specific location (Noida)?

100-145ms latency to Delhi VSNL Server. This shit is broken as f**k.

@Nitin What is the status of Port Forwarding when only using IPv6 on JioFiber?

IPv6 is also behind CG-NAT?

Last edited:

Back