Sun direct HD dth with NTSC TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter mac9999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 32,944
The picture quality is excellent with the combination of Tata Sky+ and Atlona AT-LINE-EX. My only problem now is that it does not pass through Dolby Digital 5.1 via HDMI. TataSky HD box and my DVD output DD 5.1, but the receiver gets it as stereo when sent through the Atlona. If I connect directly, I get DD 5.1 at the receiver. Hope someone finds a solution to this!

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

All - those bringing expensive big HD TVs from US, save yourselves the trouble and get a convertor such as ATLONA convertor (e.g AT-LINE-EX). The device costs about $300 and works like charm. I was able to hook up my Samsung LED TV effortlessly. Now I enjoy SUN HD content on my TV.

Remember - to enjoy a great viewing experience - do NOT cringe on the cost of the convertor...it is like getting good quality tyres for your expensive car !

Cheers

@rambo_fire: Can you check with your AT-LINE-EX what it does with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio via HDMI? If I connect my DVD to receiver via AT-LINE-EX, then I get only stereo :(

so you mean the standard def quality is also good? not the HD?Pls confirm as im about to order one.

From where you purchased the ATLONA convertor - AT-LINE-EX. Did you buy it in India if so let me know the place and shop name.

Hi ,Anybody knows whether Dish TruHD or Tata Sky HD STB supports 60Hz NTSC only TV ? I can not trust the picture output quality from a Converter such as Atloona/CMD etc, because I had purchased twice and it did not produce a good quality picture on my 40" Sony LCD TV ( which I bought from US).Regards,Murali

I dont see any of the providers current STB supporting directly NTSC tv?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

does anyone have an idea on video processor difference between Altona HD-580 and Atlon-Line-EX . (apart from no. of inputs)
I dont need so many ports as i have a onkyo receiver, just worried about picture clairty ...???

i have a samsung 40" led bought from USA. it works only on ntsc.have tried calling all the HD dth providers but none support ntsc.could anyone help me with a pal to ntsc converter supporting HD 1080p.lot of the stuff is avbl on the net at www.hdwise.com but whether its gng to wrk or not, i am not sure.all techies pls help

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

i have a samsung 40" un40c6300sf led bought from USA. it works only on ntsc.have tried calling all the HD dth providers but none support ntsc.could anyone help me with a pal to ntsc converter supporting HD 1080p.lot of the stuff is avbl on the net at www.hdwise.com but whether its gng to wrk or not, i am not sure.all techies pls help

Does anybody know if Sun HD service works with NTSC TV ( US TV) ???
I believe the receiver has HDMI but not sure on transmission type?

Hi Guys,

I faced a same problem bought a Sony from US and NTSC Signal problems, however I was recently in China and bought a PAL to NTSC converter and now it works fine I bought two from there as i couldn't get one in India and thought second one could be a benefit to someone like me who invested $1000 or more bringing a TV from US and now it doesn't works with your cable.... now worries guys atleast i can help one there like me.

guys i am not a delaer or so and so no disrespect , anyone who really needs it can reach me and also you can have a copy of a bill also if you want for price i don't require any margins its just social service.

The Model of converter is GADMEI - GM998

¡ï³åËÄ×ê¡ï¼ÑµÄÃÀGM998 ÖÆʽת»»Æ÷ µçÊÓÖÆʽת»»Æ÷ ÖÆת GM988-ÌÔ±¦Íø

It also has option and output a 720P signals through component cable a good coverter to solve your problems.

If anyone want to have one can reach me at [email protected] .

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Hi Guys,

I faced a same problem bought a Sony from US and NTSC Signal problems, however I was recently in China and bought a PAL to NTSC converter and now it works fine I bought two from there as i couldn't get one in India and thought second one could be a benefit to someone like me who invested $1000 or more bringing a TV from US and now it doesn't works with your cable.... now worries guys atleast i can help one there like me.

guys i am not a delaer or so and so no disrespect , anyone who really needs it can reach me and also you can have a copy of a bill also if you want for price i don't require any margins its just social service.

The Model of converter is GADMEI - GM998

¡ï³åËÄ×ê¡ï¼ÑµÄÃÀGM998 ÖÆʽת»»Æ÷ µçÊÓÖÆʽת»»Æ÷ ÖÆת GM988-ÌÔ±¦Íø

It also has option and output a 720P signals through component cable a good coverter to solve your problems.

If anyone want to have one can reach me at [email protected] .

Hi Amit,Looks like it does not have HDMI port. So it will not work for HD STBs then. Murali

Back