Tata Sky DTH: Future Prospects

• Thread starter Thread starter phoenixbkn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 12,532

phoenixbkn

ISP
Airtel 1099 Home Plan 512 KBPS
Sorry I don't know This is the right palace for this thread.I think Tata Sky is now in big trouble because in Rajasthan many people left TATA Sky and Switch to other DTH provider or cable wala. Daily 2-3 people come in my office and want to disconnect tata sky.TATA sky only focus on TATA Sky + and not doing proper marking for TATA Sky normal box. In India 45 to 68% people have normal Income. And they can't afford TATA Sky +. I think tata sky Need to change their policy and focus more on TATA Sky normal for more connection and Need to change channel prices like DISH TV.This is my opinion whats your opinion please share with me.Thanks

Current Tata Sky+ offer is stock clearance sale. They might be in process of introducing new STB for TS+ also and that might be reason they are selling them cheaply. Similar they have done for Tata Sky where they were offering reference bonus to clear out MPEG2 boxes. I agree with you that they are forgetting big non-TataSky+ customer base. I have complaint with all the DTH provider's they have plan for making new customers but nothing for retaining them. Maybe they are under impression that once you are caught in their stupid STB then you wont try to leave them.

i noticed the Tata Sky plus ad on this forum yesterday. it still mentioned that the prices would be raised after diwali. idiots did not update the content of the ad. but yeah. the ads practically lied to the customer. and they are lying still coz i believe tata sky would extend the service after october 31.

actually many people are tired of raising voice against Tata Sky. I am one among them. In the previous days (years too), it was said, but there was no improvements in tata sky rather a change in price/Service etc etc which definitely gave a bad impression about their services among many customers.So we are just over paying for what we do not want...So with limited required channels and lot of not required channels, we are passing the days. You can think why we can't move to other DTH if we are not satisfied... But it is not Just USA to throw my STB in dust bin !!!

well you are forgetting a simple thing. companies in india usually do not change or improve over a period of time. no matter how many customers complain. i was a frustrated sify broadband user around 5 years ago. they still have not improved or changed a bit in the last couple of years. it takes a lot to change the mentality of a company.

I think the main reason behind people leaving Tata Sky and opting for other DTH is because of its costly packages and improper packages. They can not provide important channels in their base pack and due to which customers are forced to go for add on Packs and pay extra for that which further increase their monthly price.

What's most improper about Tata Sky is that whenever a new channel is launched they either create a new package or add the channel to an exclusive package in order to fleece the subscribers.

TS want to concentrate only on the higher end of the pyramid. kaushik said. so obviously they dont care abt the people in lower end of pyramid. what they are trying to do is adding few channels to lower rate packages and increasing the same. their main motive is to loot as many as they can from lower end. this is not cheating but this is not good obbviously.... too bad...

Tata Sky must make its rates competitive with other DTH, or else with same rates, it would definately on last postion on number of customers.(It should take example from Mobile market, which is now become very affordable that Mobiles have crossed Landlines in subscriber base)

but people cannot change their STBs as they can change their SIM cards! Tata Sky is paying crores to aamir khan. you can realize from that how much money is being wasted on marketing. :)

Back