Tata Sky DTH: Future Prospects

• Thread starter Thread starter phoenixbkn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 12,532
I am waiting for PVR launch by dish-tv :whistle:

PVR functionality definately serves best of its purpose giving consumer to watch as per convenience no ads, record live shows.:urock:

I agree that future for Tata Sky is bleak but just wanted to clarify on below point
a)tata sky does not have space to add regional channels.
For ex,if we have a look at the electronic program guide,the regional channel count begins from channel 801 and between any 2 regional channel groups,there is not much space,in this way,tata sky can add only 3 more malayalam channels(form 861-870..only 3 more space is left),but there are many more malayalam channels available,similar is the case with kannada channels,tata sky cannot add any more channels in this group and there are almost 10 more kannada channels available

b)tata sky can improve on the above mentioned point,by shifting the regional channel numbers
for ex,they can start there regional channel count form channel no 750 and can keep more space between any 2 regional channel groups like 750-780 for tamil,780 to 810 for telugu and so on

c)but point (B) is merely impossible to be done as shifting channels and changing channel number will cost tata sky more which in turn will be taken from customers itself by charging them more

This numbering are just 'Logical Channel numbers' (LCN) and controlled by software. They can easliy change numbering orders by software without any extra cost and if needed numbers could also be in 4 digits for accomodating more channels in TV Guide.
But the main concern is lack of TP space to accomodate more channels :redface:

PVR functionality definately serves best of its purpose giving consumer to watch as per convenience no ads, record live shows.:urock:

Ad skipping is not allowed by broadcasters...you can read that in any of their RIO documents.

----------

OMG :O am i reading it properly what you have said or is it the Admin impact that you are going to Airtel IPTV :urock:
A Tata Sky DTH+ and Mega Pack subscriber of Tata Sky DTH and a great admirer of Tata Sky DTH disappointed..but why?didnt they pay you? (just kidding)

I have always kept this opinion that Airtel IPTV is the best of the lot....even Digital Cable is best in quality....unforunately Digital Cable is not in my area and will not be there in the near future. Also Airtel IPTV was not there when I bought the TS+ last year :(

----------

I agree that future for TATASKY is bleak but just wanted to clarify on below point

This numbering are just 'Logical Channel numbers' (LCN) and controlled by software. They can easliy change numbering orders by software without any extra cost and if needed numbers could also be in 4 digits for accomodating more channels in TV Guide.
But the main concern is lack of TP space to accomodate more channels :redface:

Exactly...and with no new satellite in the vicinity, MPEG 4 Transmission is the only option left for them....that's why they are promoting the changeover of TS users to TS+ so vehemently...this will leave them with fewer nos. of MPEG 2 STBs to change to newer MPEG4 stbs

I am tired of complaining to Tata Sky. They have developed real thick skins and don't give a dime to what their subscribers think.

I am tired of complaining to Tata Sky. They have developed real thick skins and don't give a dime to what their subscribers think.

me too tired and nothing can be done in this case:D

Being one of the top DTh providers it should take measures to meet customer needs and so it will make changes to stay the best provider.

kumararvind said:
I have always kept this opinion that Airtel IPTV is the best of the lot....even Digital Cable is best in quality....unforunately Digital Cable is not in my area and will not be there in the near future. Also Airtel IPTV was not there when I bought the Tata Sky DTH+ last year :(

For First time i am happy with your reply :cry: Also agree Digital Cable quality is good but only if given properly.But Cable always have its own problems of channel being removed just a right moment.Just like some sports channels are removed just before India's cricket series.:impissed:

----------

SVK said:
I agree that future for TATASKY is bleak but just wanted to clarify on below point
QUOTE]

Now you :ishock: what happend to IBF in just few days the tables turned around :ishock:

Back