Tata Sky DTH: Future Prospects

• Thread starter Thread starter phoenixbkn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 12,532
but people cannot change their STBs as they can change their SIM cards!

Tata Sky is paying crores to aamir khan. you can realize from that how much money is being wasted on marketing. :)

All DTH players are buying Khan's at mind boggling rates. Instead they shd make rates competitive.

Its not about option to change DTH.Its about competitive rates which other operators like DISH TV, SUN, BIG, Airtel and Videocon are offering. Due to their rates, they are attracting more customers and also retaining customers. While as per OP, many people are leaving Tata Sky.(Anyways why should we worry for TATASKY, its their business and their headache. We should care for getting satisfactory service from them)

Competitive pricing is a must to achieve heathy enviornment and also customer to practise his right to choose.

Atlast few people have got "gyan" about TS. I and few other members were saying it since long time but we were being criticized.I think it is time for all to raise the voice.Dont just blindly say TS is for higher pyramid or so,this makes them think that they have few people who can be fooled with just comments about targetting higher pyramid customers.(they are just getting to be fool praise from TS :grin:).In the End i think the proverb suits you all well that " If you do anything for TS it is chamatkar and we do it is balatkar :grin:

Some points mentioned to think about the future of tata sky1)The price of different packs provided by Tata Sky are very high compared to other DTH like airtel,sun,big and dish tvOther DTH providers have added hell lot of new channels and the latest one to talk about is reliance big tv,which has added 15 regional channels like adithya tv,kairali we...etc.Sun direct has moved a step ahead by adding channels like fox,fox crime,nat geo wild,baby tv and in coming weeks even channels like fox sports and nat geo music will be made availableMoreover with such a high price,tata sky should provide more channels and should create different packs with addons so that customers get better options But the same cannot happen with tata sky because of the following reasons::a)tata sky does not have space to add regional channels.For ex,if we have a look at the electronic program guide,the regional channel count begins from channel 801 and between any 2 regional channel groups,there is not much space,in this way,tata sky can add only 3 more malayalam channels(form 861-870..only 3 more space is left),but there are many more malayalam channels available,similar is the case with kannada channels,tata sky cannot add any more channels in this group and there are almost 10 more kannada channels availableb)tata sky can improve on the above mentioned point,by shifting the regional channel numbersfor ex,they can start there regional channel count form channel no 750 and can keep more space between any 2 regional channel groups like 750-780 for tamil,780 to 810 for telugu and so onc)but point (B) is merely impossible to be done as shifting channels and changing channel number will cost tata sky more which in turn will be taken from customers itself by charging them mored)Tata SKy is rival with ZEE turner group and big tv.that is the reason why no more channels from zee group are coming in,popular channels like zee talkies and zee sports are still not there.even big tv is going to start there own new channels,we are very sure that even those channels will not come to tata sky.2)Whenever any email is sent by customers regarding addition of channels,tata has only one reply and that is a)we are in talks with the channel,b)we will let u know by sending an alert,c)there are more than 400 channels and tata sky will add only the popular ones3)Are zee talkies and Zee sports not popluar channels?it took more than one year to add a popular channel like 9xm,where as not so popular channel like real is been added from the first day itself4)Tata Sky right now is on number 2 position with 4.5 million customers and there is just a thin line between tata sky and sun direct,very easily in coming weeks..sun direct will surpass tata sky5)These 4.5 million customer even include those who have cancelled the services,if we remove that ones that have been cancelled,tata sky will easly be sitting on number 3. and in an year or two,tata sky will be last as reliance big tv has more channels to offer which attracts customers.6)tata sky should add these following channels to satisfy customers,but we can thionk about it only in vain,.ZEE sportsZee talkiesET nowss musicb4u musicb4u moviesbindass moviesndtv imagine showbizZee tamiladithya tvjaya plusjaya maxraj digital plusseithigalsirripollimega tvvasanth tvmakkal tvasianet pluskairali wekairali peoplechirithirajeevan tvmanorama newsindiavision newsjai hind tvfox tvfox crimenat geo wildbaby tv6 more telugu channles amoing which 3 are from sun group,5 kannada channels,3 bangla channels(cannot remember channel names now)7)Point 6 is impossible to happen and now we know the future of tata sky8) i am myself a tata sky customer from last 2 years and also have tata sky plus,i completely feel the money invested in the product is waste.My anger towards the product is justified and so are other customers who face the same problem like meWhat should we do?

Some points mentioned to think about the future of Tata Sky

1)The price of different packs provided by tata sky are very high compared to other DTH like airtel,sun,big and dish tv

Other DTH providers have added hell lot of new channels and the latest one to
talk about is reliance big tv,which has added 15 regional channels like adithya tv,kairali we...etc.Sun direct has moved a step ahead by adding channels like fox,fox crime,nat geo wild,baby tv and in coming weeks even channels like fox sports and nat geo music will be made available

Moreover with such a high price,tata sky should provide more channels and should create different packs with addons so that customers get better options

But the same cannot happen with tata sky because of the following reasons::

a)tata sky does not have space to add regional channels.
For ex,if we have a look at the electronic program guide,the regional channel count begins from channel 801 and between any 2 regional channel groups,there is not much space,in this way,tata sky can add only 3 more malayalam channels(form 861-870..only 3 more space is left),but there are many more malayalam channels available,similar is the case with kannada channels,tata sky cannot add any more channels in this group and there are almost 10 more kannada channels available

b)tata sky can improve on the above mentioned point,by shifting the regional channel numbers
for ex,they can start there regional channel count form channel no 750 and can keep more space between any 2 regional channel groups like 750-780 for tamil,780 to 810 for telugu and so on

c)but point (B) is merely impossible to be done as shifting channels and changing channel number will cost tata sky more which in turn will be taken from customers itself by charging them more

d)Tata SKy is rival with ZEE turner group and big tv.that is the reason why no more channels from zee group are coming in,popular channels like zee talkies and zee sports are still not there.even big tv is going to start there own new channels,we are very sure that even those channels will not come to tata sky.

2)Whenever any email is sent by customers regarding addition of channels,tata has only one reply and that is a)we are in talks with the channel,b)we will let u know by sending an alert,c)there are more than 400 channels and tata sky will add only the popular ones

3)Are zee talkies and Zee sports not popluar channels?it took more than one year to add a popular channel like 9xm,where as not so popular channel like real is been added from the first day itself

4)Tata Sky right now is on number 2 position with 4.5 million customers and there is just a thin line between tata sky and sun direct,very easily in coming weeks..sun direct will surpass tata sky

5)These 4.5 million customer even include those who have cancelled the services,if we remove that ones that have been cancelled,tata sky will easly be sitting on number 3. and in an year or two,tata sky will be last as reliance big tv has more channels to offer which attracts customers.

6)tata sky should add these following channels to satisfy customers,but we can thionk about it only in vain,.

ZEE sports
Zee talkies
ET now
ss music
b4u music
b4u movies
bindass movies
ndtv imagine showbiz

Zee tamil
adithya tv
jaya plus
jaya max
raj digital plus
seithigal
sirripolli
mega tv
vasanth tv
makkal tv

asianet plus
kairali we
kairali people
chirithira
jeevan tv
manorama news
indiavision news
jai hind tv

fox tv
fox crime
nat geo wild
baby tv

6 more telugu channles amoing which 3 are from sun group,5 kannada channels,3 bangla channels(cannot remember channel names now)

7)Point 6 is impossible to happen and now we know the future of tata sky

8) i am myself a tata sky customer from last 2 years and also have tata sky plus,i completely feel the money invested in the product is waste.My anger towards the product is justified and so are other customers who face the same problem like me

What should we do?
You missed some channels like Nat Geo Music, Nat Geo HD (Already on Sun)

Coming soon channels like ..Discovery Turbo, Discovery Science and Discovery HD. When I went for the Mega Pack last year I had a notion that I will be getting these channels for at least Six months within My Mega Pack for free. ..But heavily disappointed there..... As soon as I will be getting over with Mega Pack time to shift to Airtel IPTV...Best Service to go for.

Since you have Invested in Tata Sky+ Moving to other DTH may not sound viable.I used Tatasky for an year and moved on to Airtel DTH.Pretty much satisfied with Airtel as it has nice collection of channels.Big tv is Good too these days.

Some points mentioned to think about the future of Tata Sky

1)The price of different packs provided by tata sky are very high compared to other DTH like airtel,sun,big and dish tv

Other DTH providers have added hell lot of new channels and the latest one to
talk about is reliance big tv,which has added 15 regional channels like adithya tv,kairali we...etc.Sun direct has moved a step ahead by adding channels like fox,fox crime,nat geo wild,baby tv and in coming weeks even channels like fox sports and nat geo music will be made available

Moreover with such a high price,tata sky should provide more channels and should create different packs with addons so that customers get better options

But the same cannot happen with tata sky because of the following reasons::

a)tata sky does not have space to add regional channels.
For ex,if we have a look at the electronic program guide,the regional channel count begins from channel 801 and between any 2 regional channel groups,there is not much space,in this way,tata sky can add only 3 more malayalam channels(form 861-870..only 3 more space is left),but there are many more malayalam channels available,similar is the case with kannada channels,tata sky cannot add any more channels in this group and there are almost 10 more kannada channels available

b)tata sky can improve on the above mentioned point,by shifting the regional channel numbers
for ex,they can start there regional channel count form channel no 750 and can keep more space between any 2 regional channel groups like 750-780 for tamil,780 to 810 for telugu and so on

c)but point (B) is merely impossible to be done as shifting channels and changing channel number will cost tata sky more which in turn will be taken from customers itself by charging them more

d)Tata SKy is rival with ZEE turner group and big tv.that is the reason why no more channels from zee group are coming in,popular channels like zee talkies and zee sports are still not there.even big tv is going to start there own new channels,we are very sure that even those channels will not come to tata sky.

2)Whenever any email is sent by customers regarding addition of channels,tata has only one reply and that is a)we are in talks with the channel,b)we will let u know by sending an alert,c)there are more than 400 channels and tata sky will add only the popular ones

3)Are zee talkies and Zee sports not popluar channels?it took more than one year to add a popular channel like 9xm,where as not so popular channel like real is been added from the first day itself

4)Tata Sky right now is on number 2 position with 4.5 million customers and there is just a thin line between tata sky and sun direct,very easily in coming weeks..sun direct will surpass tata sky

5)These 4.5 million customer even include those who have cancelled the services,if we remove that ones that have been cancelled,tata sky will easly be sitting on number 3. and in an year or two,tata sky will be last as reliance big tv has more channels to offer which attracts customers.

6)tata sky should add these following channels to satisfy customers,but we can thionk about it only in vain,.

ZEE sports
Zee talkies
ET now
ss music
b4u music
b4u movies
bindass movies
ndtv imagine showbiz

Zee tamil
adithya tv
jaya plus
jaya max
raj digital plus
seithigal
sirripolli
mega tv
vasanth tv
makkal tv

asianet plus
kairali we
kairali people
chirithira
jeevan tv
manorama news
indiavision news
jai hind tv

fox tv
fox crime
nat geo wild
baby tv

6 more telugu channles amoing which 3 are from sun group,5 kannada channels,3 bangla channels(cannot remember channel names now)

7)Point 6 is impossible to happen and now we know the future of tata sky

8) i am myself a tata sky customer from last 2 years and also have tata sky plus,i completely feel the money invested in the product is waste.My anger towards the product is justified and so are other customers who face the same problem like me

What should we do?

Well Good points that you have shared here, I would like to add that First Tata Sky is not good for regional viewers as they have less regional channels of all regions.

Second Yes correctly said they have very costly packages and further their packaging is also not good many popular channels and sports channels are missing from base packs for which customers are forced to opt for ala-carte packs and due to which their monthly cost of packages increases. Also they have costly ala-carte packs as well.

When I went for the Mega Pack last year I had a notion that I will be getting these channels for at least Six months within My Mega Pack for free. ..But heavily disappointed there..... As soon as I will be getting over with Mega Pack time to shift to Airtel IPTV...Best Service to go for.

OMG :O am i reading it properly what you have said or is it the Admin impact that you are going to Airtel IPTV :urock:
A TS+ and Mega Pack subscriber of TS and a great admirer of TS disappointed..but why?didnt they pay you? (just kidding)

Back