Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
Tata Sky uses Ku band transponders. I remember reading some article where the ISRO had a problem with the signal strength of the Measat Satellite which Reliance are going to use. ISRO had said that it was a little bit weak considering the rain fade effect. The reason why TS supposedly performs better in rains maybe because of their signal strength.

Hmmm - Well - that throws my theory out of the window :)
But final verdict - Tata Sky performs better during rain when compared to Dish.

Thanks.

PS: But I still love dish coz of the

[*]good channel collection
[*]much friendly UI when compared to tata sky - its a pain to scroll through the EPG list on tata sky
[*]And, man what is the deal with favorites on Tata sky? Only 1 freakin favourite list and that too limited to 20 channels in that? Dish allows u to create 8 seperate lists with unlimited channels on each.
[*]And I am still searchin for the Timer option on Tata Sky which will auto-change channels at specific time :madness:
[/list]

What does your statement mean as i could not understand it. Can please clarify me on your statement:confused:
May be he want to say that INSAT signals are for India region and are strong enough to cover India, but DISH TV sat (NSS6) signals cater from middle east to Aus, so may be signal strength is weak so it gets more attenuated in heavy rains compare to Tata Sky

no it is not correct from the day 1 tatsky using insat 4a which is an indian sat but the signal problem during rain still persist

I was watching TS till midnight yesterday It was perfect for me guys and also i enjoyed the rain too:yahoo:

today around 10 a.m. very heavy rain.unable to receive signal for about 20 mins, in between it came and went off

yesterday midnight Tata Sky signal was dropped completely.... but there was no rain . did anyone had come with same problem... guys pls reply

yes wht u said is right..wednesday 9th jan 2008 at 11:51pm (IST) there was no signal and it took 5 mins approx.. to get thoughtt here was no rain or bad weather...after that the signal wuality decresed from 222 to 159..

Back