When will BSNL launch new broadband plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanketindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 63,875
We could make a petition here(although i dont know how or where to do that xD). I'm pretty sure lots of people here would support that!

Its a government company. I doubt if they give any amount of fks about our petitions or us :lol: :(

Manish24 said:
Its a government company. I doubt if they give any amount of fks about our petitions or us :lol: :(
Ironically that's true. Only in India will a government not care about its people, just about itself. :(

Q. What is the best speed ?
A. Speed with which we can see YouTube at a decent resolution.
May be BSNL can at least allow 2 Mbps for YouTube online like many providers offering free access to FB, Twitter etc.

Right. We need the government to enforce broadband speeds on private companies. Because free market should not exist right? What next? Force private companies to have 30% reservation for SC/ST/OBC? If you run a private business, how would you like it?

Couple of things. Reliance is not present throughout the country and does not have to provide services in unprofitable rural areas.
Also, their 4mbps plans are pretty much a joke based on reviews shared by a lot of their users here. Quality of service has deteriorated massively since these plans were launched.
Plus, they do not have the same problems like BSNL for example... pensions, babus, bureaucracy...
BSNL cannot just go ahead and buy stuff they need. They need to come out with a tender and are often forced to buy substandard stuff because it is cheap. Because this is how government works. They cannot risk being accused of partiality or whatever by selecting better quality hardware that might be lot more efficient for more money. Plus, BSNL bosses do not really have any incentive to become a market leader because it only increases workload for them. It's not like they are going to get bonuses based on improved performance or things like that.

it is true that bsnl has pan india coverage though every company has this clause of 'TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY' including BSNL.
at my new office in Ahmedabad, BSNL denied me giving connection. they are ready to give connection only if atleast 20 connection application from my complex.
and after applying online through udaan. they cancelled my lead without informing me the reason..
MTNL is also government owned but their plans are far better than BSNL.

MTNL does not have to cater to the whole of India. Delhi and Mumbai are also very profitable markets. BSNL I bet would love to have presence in these two markets. Anyone would.

Back