Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,199
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

^ I would strongly suggest you call up the seller before making the purchase. The Desire isn't available for that price anywhere - even less so with a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Okay I will call up the seller, but why did you emphasize the manufacturer warranty thing?

/Scratching my head

Upvote 0
what i suspect is, they might not have this in stock, and after ordering they might tell you - "Sir, stock me nahi hai, koi aur phone order kar lo. its not our policy to refund money"so as agantuk said, confirm they have it in stock before ordering

Upvote 0
Nokia ........ Android :Read:

Nokia's Elop: Apple helped create Android - FierceWireless:Europe

Explaining why Nokia chose not to adopt the Android platform, Elop said: "It was an option, but how could we differentiate ourselves? If we couldn't, then it would have been very hard for Nokia to survive."He also expressed his concern at the growing fragmentation that he said is happening within the Android marketplace today, pointing to what Motorola and Samsung have done to the operating system. Elop said this will become a real challenge for the growth of the developer community and the future of Android.

Upvote 0
Okay I will call up the seller, but why did you emphasize the manufacturer warranty thing?

/Scratching my head

That's because the price is too good to be true. HTC Desire doesn't sell for so low anywhere in the world, without a contract. These price points are available only if the phone has been purchased outside India in some market where these are sold cheap. Remember the dealer has to keep a margin. Even assuming a zero margin, he has bought it for real cheap from somewhere, but definitely not from authorised HTC resellers in India as that would mean he would have to pay far more than 15K just for procurement. In short, that means the piece is not bought in India, and hence is not eligible for HTC's Indian warranty.

Upvote 0
Saholic from where Desire is available for Rs 14,250 is a Spice Group Online Venture not an Individual Seller, so some of the concerns expressed should not matter much..

Secondly i would like to add some more confusion to Samm's never ending quest for an Android.. :lol:

Why not consider HTC Google Nexus One for Rs 13,999 from here Touch Screen Mobile Phones: LG Fathom, LG GT540, BlackBerry Storm, Samsung 360 H1 and HTC Google Nexus starting at Rs 5,999!

An amazing pure google device with great specs (It will always get any Android Updates First..)

Upvote 0
HTC Desire is priced at 22k on letsbuy. I would have placed the order in the morning on saholic as it's priced at 15k. WTF Man!! :confused:

@rajanmehta I don't use WiFi.

Upvote 0

Back