Airtel Broadband New Plan? - 8 Mbps Unlimited 150GB FUP Rs. 2399/-

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 23,018
umm..i doubt if Airtel can support 8 Mbps on majority of its network, as mentioned by others even 4 mbps is not available everywhere, AFAIK Airtel's network in NCR is not exactly FTTC much less FTTB, so its really a moot point, besides one cannot even fully utilise the bandwidth on offer at the time when one needs it because of the throttling/traffic shaping. In contrast MTNL seems to be pushing FTTH aggressively, in the last few months the area i live in has been completely wired, MTNL's 10 Mbps 80 GB plan is much better because 1) 8~10 Mbps denotes the beginning of the range where one would prefer to be over fibre rather than copper from the stability point of view 2) MTNL's policy of little to no throttling 3) option of a practical and working IPTV installation

Haha which govt? India is not run by any govt. It's run by Reliance and its owner Mukesss bhai!

last i checked, reliance entertainment was owned by anil ambani. he is the one investing in all sort of rubbish bollywood and hollywood movies.

And I dont know why Airtel do this. They release their new plans with so much secrecy. Every bloody time !!!

with this secrecy ........****tel makes u feel special ........so that you think urself as exclusive customer (which actually is not true) ...............and u are the very few ppl who is offered this deal or tarrif.

gimmick thats all.:Storyteller:

- - - Updated - - -

Haha which govt? India is not run by any govt. It's run by Reliance and its owner Mukesss bhai!

true that........actually its a global phenomena........there is hardly any govt running any country in this world. not even USA.

true owners of the country may be debatable though. (i mean mukesh ambani running country.......i doubt that, but surely somebody else is running the country other than govt)

In this case, wrong Mr Ambani.

Yeah well, what can we do as the people.

You grossly underestimate your power, kind sir.

Not worth it, unless the FUP is min. 300GB

Why should the FUP double just because the speed does? Are you going to download exactly twice as much information? I doubt it.

umm..i doubt if Airtel can support 8 Mbps on majority of its network, as mentioned by others even 4 mbps is not available everywhere, AFAIK Airtel's network in NCR is not exactly FTTC much less FTTB, so its really a moot point, besides one cannot even fully utilise the bandwidth on offer at the time when one needs it because of the throttling/traffic shaping.

It *should* be able to - I shouldn't assume Airtel is using DSL equipment that is so old - surely much of the stuff in metros should be ADSL2+ compliant, so as long as the lines are in good enough condition and the length short enough (

I emailed Airtel today & asked about the new plans.
This is what I received.
Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 26-05-2012, requesting for change of bill plan on your airtel number 0444xxxxxxx.

Thank you for writing to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

We understand that you had requested for change of bill plan for your airtel number. However, we are unable to process your request as the plan opted is not part of available offers.

You may select a bill plan best suited to your requirement, from the mentioned below list and write back to us with the same. We would be happy to initiate further action to process your request.

We hope that we have been able to assist you suitably. Please do write in for any further assistance.

Not available in Chennai, apparently.

Airtel Launches Affordable High Speed 8 Mbps and 16 Mbps Broadband Plans | woikr
I wonder where they got these plan details from?

With all torrent sides blocked by Airtel, whats the point of upgrading?? They might as well degrade speeds back to 256ks so that we can check our emails and chat online. Ha..8mbps ka aachar dalenge...!!!

Airtel Launches Affordable High Speed 8 Mbps and 16 Mbps Broadband Plans | woikr
I wonder where they got these plan details from?

These would be oooooooooooooold. They also launched 30 and 50mbit/s VDSL plans too, but I don't even know anywhere it's available.

With all torrent sides blocked by Airtel, whats the point of upgrading?? They might as well degrade speeds back to 256ks so that we can check our emails and chat online. Ha..8mbps ka aachar dalenge...!!!

Somebody has never heard of Tor or the Coral Cache The Coral Content Distribution Network

They also launched 30 and 50mbit/s VDSL plans too, but I don't even know anywhere it's available.
My friend who lives in Whitefield Bangalore has a 40MBps plan from Airtel..................I'll post the plan details and a speedtest as soon as I can :)

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out he gets 20MBps guaranteed and *upto* 40MBps (reached it quite a few times) he's getting the plan details from his dad later on :D

Sorry this post was only half (or less) on topic.................

- - - Updated - - -

Pays Rs.3000 a month, this is the 1st month with this connection. Apparently Airtel laid new wires near his house..................

Back