Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,441
NOD32 here. Light, fast & unobtrusive while still having a high detection rate. Been using it for quite a while now. Used Norton 2002,03,04 before. That along with Windows Defender Beta 2 do the job for me. Which Kaspersky version are u guys using? 5.5 or 6 ?

My history:(1) Norton 2003 (I think 2003) preinstalled by guy I bought second hand comp from.(2) Formatted. Reinstalled Norton(3) Formatted. Reinstalled Norton (because the great Norton somehow allowed its virus database thingy to get deleted. Don't ask me how. Simple reinstall didnt solve the problem.(4) Formatted. Said bye bye to comp guy, said bye bye to Norton. Searched for free AV and was recommended Avast Home by mates on a forum. Installed. Loved it.(5) Formatted (This is a common element in all my points. You may skip reading the first word of each point if you like :P ). reinstalled Avast. ahem*converted* to Pro. Pretty much the same as Home.(6) Found out Avast web scanner didnt bloody support Opera ( I was on Win98se) . Opera is my first love, and so I said bye bye to Avast. Installed trial version of NOD32, of which I had heard a lot of praises for its low resource usage and detection rates + heuristics. I have just 128 mb RAM.(7) Formatted (what a surprise). Reinstalled NOD32. Found that I could *ahem*extend*cough* the trial period by some means. Did so.Presently, using NOD32. No more divorces with multiple Anti Viruses :D. NOD32 will most probably be the mother of my kids.

My expriance so far has been just with Clamwin, it works well enough for my email program..

Other than that nothing..NAT + zonealarm. Run clamwin+adaware monthly and have not found anything. Course i am the only user on the machine.

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 10 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]50869[/snapback]

Presently, using NOD32. No more divorces with multiple Anti Viruses :D. NOD32 will most probably be the mother of my kids.
[/b]

Marryin a software and raisin humanoid kids...way to go dewd,gonna be one hell of a trend...xD!!! :P

Nod32.... nothing beats it.Kaspersky is good but it makes my system slow even with 512MB ram.Norton is a resource hogging pig.Zone Alarm antivirus is not bad too.

Seems like NOD32 is by far leading the group ......But heard that new kaspersky Beta 6 is coming along very well but its internet security suite sux :(

Kaspersky 6 Final will be officially released on the 15th. It's already available if u know where to look for it. :P But yea, just get the anti-virus. The internet security thing is just pure bloat and interferes a lot. I got NOD32 on the comp. Installed Kaspersky AV 6 on the notebook. Tried to update the signature files, but turns out the update servers are down. :P Wasn't impressed.

guess what !!i m using av which comes with sify !! :Ptrend micro office scan. seems that ok. not so good. its dumb. it located the virus and sits on it. :P

Back