BSNL Bharat Fiber new broadband plans (30mbps/100mbps/200mbps/300mbps) [September 2020]

BSNL is launching 4 new plans as follows 30Mbps@449, 100Mbps@799, 200Mbps@999, 300Mbps@1499. I don't know anything about FUP at the moment.

Fibre Basic​
Fibre Value​
Fibre Premium​
Fibre Ultra​
Speed
30Mbps​
100 Mbps​
200 Mbps​
300 Mbps​
OTT
Nil​
Nil​
Hotstar Premium​
Hotstar Premium​
Monthly Charges
449​
799​
999​
1499​

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
that same blue white color modem same as Syrotech, mine is branded as sharp

What is the LAN cable type? Cat6? Is the computer old?
I have tested multiple cat 5 cables with my ont, all links up at 1gbps. Maybe cat 5 isn't "Officaly supported" or it's barely working. It still links at 1Gbps. The more I search, I've seen conflicting posts again and again. Some say cat 5 can and some say it's not certified or something.

According to this, most cat5 cables are built to cat5e specs: Gigabit speed possible over Cat5?

I wasn't suggesting people go out and buy old cables :p, had a few lying around from years ago. Just testing.

Ya, as it says in the that forum, some CAT5 even were able to connect at Gbps link but the actual speed may differ.

Getting only under 100 mbps speeds for github download (zip file of linux master).

Around 150 mbps to official ubuntu india mirror but 250 mbps+ on the webwerks piconet india mirror.

Getting around 200-300 mbps on ubuntu DK mirror (denmark).

Download of ubuntu ISO torrent was mostly getting 200-250 but went up to 300 near the end.

Got only around 75-100 mbps download of elementary OS daily build ISO (direct http download).

So yeah, international bandwidth is not consistent at the moment, hopefully it improves as things stabilise in the coming days/weeks.

Back