BSNL Bharat Fiber new broadband plans (30mbps/100mbps/200mbps/300mbps) [September 2020]

BSNL is launching 4 new plans as follows 30Mbps@449, 100Mbps@799, 200Mbps@999, 300Mbps@1499. I don't know anything about FUP at the moment.

Fibre Basic​
Fibre Value​
Fibre Premium​
Fibre Ultra​
Speed
30Mbps​
100 Mbps​
200 Mbps​
300 Mbps​
OTT
Nil​
Nil​
Hotstar Premium​
Hotstar Premium​
Monthly Charges
449​
799​
999​
1499​

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Our aim is to attenuate the signal only. The method you suggested does work in real life but also introduces an unnecessary source of dispersion in the optical system. Overall quality of signal deteriorates for everyone, including yourself. Effects won't be seen with plans under 100Mbps but as you upgrade in the future, you'll start to see problems.

Att: They look just like ordinary fiber termination points except with added optical attenuation. The benefit of an attenuator is that it won't introduce reverse dispersion into the rest of the fiber-optical distribution network unlike non-terminated fiber ends.

Attachments

• images.webp
    images.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 217
Start a new thread for new information/question!
Guys, quick question about this. I to0 upgrade my plan to the Ultra 300Mbps and the plan upgrade has been completed as per the self-care portal however my speeds were still limited to 100Mbps. So as I suspected, the ONT supplied by BSNL LCO on my floor is the Alphion AONT-100C which does not have GigE ports. So I raised a complaint with BSNL and LCO suggested that they can only replace once they get the new ONT from BSNL which can take weeks or even months.

Now, this ONT is configured in bridge mode and the PPPoE, DHCP, etc are all handled by my Mikrotik route, so it essentially right now is only acting as a media converter. So I am thinking, if I just buy a media converter that has GigE port, and replace the ONT with my media converter, will that still work?

I was looking at:

Because they have no clue when will they be able to change and provide a new OLT and my new plan and billing is already in effect. But now that I am doing some research it appears that I may need an Alphion ONT only because Alphion OLTs don't work with other devices on the other end.

Back