Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
battery life is a subjective matter in the end. so i do not think any review can tell you what you would get in your usage pattern.

Poor pricing if true, can rather import units; might turn out cheaper?

Argh, gotta worry about warranty then... and @chromaniac, you didn't say anything about my offer :p

lol. i think 15K is a very good deal for a 3-4 month old Galaxy nexus along with the official dock :) plus there is always the headache of shipping it across india. so i would prefer to find someone locally. plus i need to know when i would get my nexus 4 before i can dispose off my galaxy nexus. so i should probably just shut up.And pricing is not poor if it is indeed accurate. retail prices would be lower. AND... Google's pricing in USA and Europe is definitely subsidized. They sell media content through the Google Play Store. So, consumers in these markets get better pricing. No such luck here in India.

cromaniac ..you can try olx.in for selling your mobile? Posted an ad there thinking who'll see this website? got a buyer within 4 days for 15k phone. Met him personally,he inspected the phone and made spot payment. You can try Quikr also

Yes , But currently , from what i read , S3 has better battery. So something in that line or better would be nice, given the screensize. Obviously I cant able to use 3G in my area , so only on GSM , the phone`s battery should last little longer.also I dont think price are that costly either , given that its a new product , unlike 3-5 months old phone (released). Yes importing can be cheaper , but how much important is warranty for you ? X10 i have have not got a single problem since i bought . Cant say that will be the case for all phones though.I would gladly take a Nex4 in india rather than import.. :D

If LG accepts warranty for an imported unit, we can easily get it from the US; does Google ship to those P.O boxes with an Indian Credit Card?@Naveen, same here! If the prices are lower in the retail market at day 1 itself (am I dreaming?) - I'd love to get it here itself.

cromaniac ..you can try olx.in for selling your mobile? Posted an ad there thinking who'll see this website? got a buyer within 4 days for 15k phone. Met him personally,he inspected the phone and made spot payment. You can try Quikr also

i listed my one x. problem was that even though i made it clear that i wanted a specific price, all the callers would say you are asking for too much and blah blah. got annoyed. removed my listing.

another problem is that i do not want to sell to a stranger. for obvious reasons. i do not want my friend in usa to get involved in a terrorism plot because of me. :D

If LG accepts warranty for an imported unit, we can easily get it from the US; does Google ship to those P.O boxes with an Indian Credit Card?

Yes if LG accepts , even i would get it.

Although given the current price and approx pricing from the site i gave before , the price for 8GB (300 $ + 50% of price for shipping , tax ) would 25K apprx. Unless you ask your friends or relatives to buy and ship it , you wont find cheaper price than this i think.

also. american prices are exclusive of taxes. so it's not 300 dollars. more like 320 or 330 dollars. i am not sure what the tax rates are the advertised price is not the actual price.

heh. forgot to mention that part ..always price high (2k or 3k) nore than the price you expect. If they call,give them 1k discount and if they persist 2k and tell them its final offer. Some guys priced their used Desire HD for 16k when a brand new piece with warranty was available on ebay for 14.8k. so there you go.

Back