Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,876
phones rarely run at full processing power. for majority of the time they would be running in a very low power mode to conserve power and staying cool.also multi-core processors are usually more efficient than single core processors.

Yeah. Tegra 3 even has a special fifth core that runs at 50 Mhz. Gets activated for low intensity tasks and saves a lot of battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herJmqIGOoMouch! That crack at the back. overall the phone looks pretty good for indian market. I liked the camera features.

Yup , most of the time phone runs at half or less than half of processor speed.Anyone interested can download CPUspy to look at proc speeds used by phone

Is LTE that imp in US? I mean except for tethering ..what are other uses for LTE? he's getting 5mbits ..that should be enough for streaming videos and video calls right?

well lte has its advantages when you are using multiple devices on the same network. lots of people buy wifi only edition of tablets like the nexus 7. even if they have a 3g/lte version of tablets, you probably would not get a secondary data connection for it because it doubles the costing. also, when the competition has gotten on to the lte bandwagon, not supporting it becomes a negative point automatically. fact is that 3G on Nexus 4 is capable of 42mbps speeds from what i have read. so theoretically, lte does not bring in that big of an advantage. if the networks are capable of delivering the peak speeds your phone is capable of handling.

well these are the technical capabilities of the chip being used in the phone. networks have to support such speeds as well. i am getting 4mbps on my airtel 3g connection for example even though they highlight as much as 21mbps here in india.

Back