Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,876
My doubt is that will nexus be a google product or x phone. May be latter would be motorola name driven.

Well you are sort of mistaken. Nexus is not a Google product. It is a Google supported product. It is designed and manufactured by a partner company.
xPhone based on rumors is being created by Google and Motorola might be manufacturing it for them. There is a big difference. Just like regular chromebooks and Chromebook Pixel.
Yes, I doubt xPhone would sell for 300/350 dollars. I am assuming Google would include the best technologies in the phone with few compromises. #lol

There is another point. There is no lack of development in the Android market. Partners are doing a great job improving specifications and technologies themselves.
Pixel was designed to push the development of Chromebooks. There is very little that Google can do with xPhone that is missing from existing Android devices.
It seems improbable that they would be able to use components that are already not being used in other devices. Chromebook featured regular hardware except for the brilliant display which is the best in class. It would not be easy for them to come up with displays better than what HTC is shipping on HTC One!

Its a drawback of Android that such powerful devices are not exploited properly. My issue is software support as hardware will become old within months!

Right. I have been there. Ordered a product and waited for someone to bring it to India. Thankfully it was not something as cool as a smartphone. I got it after around 2 years. :D

Not to sound negative but apart from lots of positive features, I also heard about some negative points of this phone.
------------------------------------
CNET says that Call quality, however, was a different matter. Every test call I made was to a landline phone, and for the in-ear speaker, audio volume was too low. There were times, especially outdoors, when I couldn't make out what my friends were saying, even after cranking it up to maximum volume. Switching to speakerphone helped a little, but if I turned the volume too high, voices sounded extremely harsh. This makes sense since sound can only escape through a thin slit in the back of the phone, so my friends sounded really tinny while speaking. The speaker also rendered music flatly. Its small opening strips away much of the depth and body, especially from songs that are instrumentally rich.
Furthermore, even in regular (not speakerphone) calls, voices sounded slightly staticky, and every word I heard was layered with a subtle fuzz. Likewise, a friend reported to me that I sounded too sharp, as if the bass was turned down on my voice while the treble was turned up.
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/lg-nexus-4/4505-6452_7-35517164-2.html
------------------------------------
Audio Output of Android 4.2.1 on Nexus 4 Very Low
When listening to music from many sources (Spotify, stock Music app) with headphones or plugged into the AUX port on my car or via Bluetooth, volume is extremely low. Compared to my Galaxy Nexus' volume when plugged into my car or with headphones, the volume of my Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.1 is significantly lower.
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41034
4.2.2 made the problem even worse.
-----------------------------------
Guys I know many of you are very excited to get this phone and I don't want to break your spirits but I was just checking for the audio quality of this phone & searching for the 'which DAC LG has used', it lead me to this. And with no removable battery, I am not sold at all on LG.

Back