India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,235
Nop, If SL lose on Friday, India will qualify. Below are the rules of the CB series taken from Cricinfo.

In the event of teams finishing on equal points, the right to play in the final match or series will be determined as follows:

[*]The team with the most number of wins
[*]If still equal, the team with the most number of wins over the other team(s) who are equal on points and have the same number of wins
[*]If still equal, the team with the highest number of bonus points
[*]If still equal, the team with the highest net run rate
[/list]

I used to pass in these sort of information with my friends 4-5 yrs back...now i am forgetting these rules...age is catching up or else i am not that keen on these things off late...

One of the major reasons is that we used to have a lot of triangular, quadrangular (multi-round) tournaments & hence these used to be of huge significance. Nowadays, we hardly get to see many triangulars .. Hence the lost in focus on them..

----------

Also, we are talking about we , general public, getting confused... See the comedy here in Bangladesh Premier League.. Till the morning of the Semi Final - there was a confusion on the Semi Finalists between the teams themselves...

Barisal Burners v Duronto Rajshahi, BPL: Barisal named fourth semi-finalist after much confusion | Cricket News | Bangladesh Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

Now 2 things can happen :-

A) Aus get scared of this Indian performance and they know Team India is a lot like Pakistan u never know which team will turn up on a given day and they lose to SL ( since SL doesent have any big names but quality performers ) and they would rather play SL in finals

OR

B) Commercial interest picks up here and its planned that it has to be a Ind - Aus finals ... ;)

----------

Not being negative but I feel India will win 1 match against Aus and 2 against SL in the tri series ... Just a prediction lets see .. Though I hope I am wrong and India wins the Cup ...

Ouch i made this prediction on 15th Jan 2012 ha ha ha , it came out true except for the Tie match ;) ..

Mr.Paul-Octopus - Can you predict the next game also please :p

Mr.Paul-Octopus - Can you predict the next game also please :p

lol dunno man its tricky .. thats why i wrote 2 scenarios above ..

@ Sabir....

Cricinfo:
RT @mspr1nt: Lights flicker in the lift. Shastri: It flashed and it flashed hard.

This was awesome! :D

@ Sushubh....

Until the team is represented by the name "India" it will stay "India XI" as against "BCCI XI". U want to support some other team or sport, thats fine....its everyone's own choice! :p :D If u have a soft corner for a team, then u dont have to give any justification for that! :D

Btw, finally today, what i used to hope has come true....a comprehensive win to silence the critics & even satisfy the restless fans!

Slightly O/T: Why isn't Star Cricket HD showing today's match?
I just unsubscribed all SD sports channels in my Airtel DTH, and opted for all HD channels. And I couldnt see match in Star Cricket HD. Thank God we have DD1 :D

^ Well yea, but the picture quality was horrible. I don't watch cricket nowadays, and whatever little I have watched in recent times was because it was in HD. It was a pain watching yesterday's match with all those colors bleeding. Had to move to cricinfo after a while.

Back