MTNL Triband Broadband 749 Plan Launched In Delhi! (2mbps Night Unlimited)

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,222
  • Views Views 143,620
Just called 1500 .The lady on the phone told me that they can change plan over phone :)

wippppeeeee!!!!!!!!! i am happy i am happier i am the happiest.but bad that the plan will take effect from 1st of september.however, it is good for my mom becoz my xams will be over on 1 sept.

No i don't have a static ip.

Dunno whats wrong... I also have a similar problem like serpent_rider (although not as bad)... I have a static IP, the required ports forwarded... and still I get around 70-80 kbps on an average... whereas while downloading from a regular website.. the speeds are normal (210-220 kbps)

@serpent_rider: I also used to get around 25 kbps only... after port forwarding... speeds have risen to 70kbps.. am still looking for taking it to the maximum!

I do not have a static ip & required ports are forwarded.
Today a person from mtnl came & said that definitely speed is slow.
So i am looking forward to them.
I am also changing the ports.:confused:

@sanke1... herez what I have done...

I hope this is it.. right... or do i need to do anything else apart from this?

...And yes... I'm from Mumbai

@ venkzur settings are absolutely perfectjust make sure u have entered ur comp's name and address 192.168.1.37 in ur router so that router recognizes ur comp and forwards port accordingly

yesterday night i tried something and got better results... I changed the port in Azureus to Port 80 and got a stable speed of around 130-140 kbps!Just wanted to know if there is a any security issue if the bittorrent software accepts incoming connections on port 80?

as long as azureus or ur windows OS/firewall is secure, any port shudnt be problem. but since port 80 is std HTTP port it is advisable to use other port preferably > 1024

i know its an HTTP port... and thats the reason I guess I get a better speed with this port rather than any other random port... anyways when the downloading is going on (from 12 midnight to 8AM), I would not be using the net for browsing purposes... so.. there should not be any conflict!

BTW i am bored of this 2 mbps NU.

m migrating to 199 :cool2:

yeah, it's better...even i'm enjoying my TriB 399 plan :thumbsup:

guys can anybody tell me what kinda speed will be getting for torrents.. ??? im currently in the 949 plan......

if u want to get the best speeds in torrents, download mutliple torrents...otherwise, P2P applications like Ares give good speeds, and no ratio issues as well ;)

on my 399 - 2 mbps plan, i get the following speeds -

link-removed ~ 115 kBps
Microsoft ~ 250 kBps
Vuze ~ 230 kBps
Torrents ~ 90 kBps
Ares ~ 200 kBps
Speedtest.net ~ 60 kBps :O
MTNL ~ 1.5 mbps :rofl:

Back