My experience with ACT BB

• Thread starter Thread starter arunra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 18,720
i dont seem to be facing any problem so far...Just an unscheduled maintenance on Monday which was for less than 5 Min... I suspect issue is to do with the area...
Besides, those repeater box are placed on customer's place.. Who knows when the customer might pull the plug and go out for a long vacation.. :pleasantry: ..
Oh yeah, I noticed that my download speed (No download manager) went down to 100 to 200 Kbps (1-2Mbps)..... I Tried a torrent, was stuck in "Downloading metadata" for almost 15 min.. then started the download with ~100 KBps (1Mbps)... after 15 Min, slowly increased to 2 MBps (20Mbps)... Is this normal?
I used to get 1.5MBps (~15Mbps) when downloading files in browser using airtel 4G datacard.. I am starting to feel my bandwidth is being capped...

And I've been throttled to 512kbps. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
They've throttled me before I used up my data. I made a complaint. I have 5 GB left but it's only a matter of time before I finish it.
Thinking of using my Airtel line to get through the month.

Someshwar Chatterjee said:
It's really unfortunate, that ACT doesn't have a broader coverage in entire Bangalore.
They need to get the local cable guys in line and get this done.
Hi Someshwar,
Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. As part of our ongoing expansion process we aim to cover all major areas of Bangalore at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hi Someshwar,
Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. As part of our ongoing expansion process we aim to cover all major areas of Bangalore at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
I live in JP Nagar Phase 8. There are 10 Appartment Complexes in my layout and there is no feasibility for Airtel or ACT.
The local cable operator provides internet as G-Broadband, they provide FTTH connection, but the plans are not good.
I have no choice but to use BSNL. This has been the case since the last three years.
If ACT decides to enter this area, all you need to do is talk to the Cable Operator, to start providing ACT Broad Band, since the underground OFC is already present and no one uses the G-Broadband connection.

@ACT Broadband - When are you expanding your network in Munnekolala? I can see ppl within 2 blocks from my apartment using ACT. I want to take a new connection. This is in Manjunatha Layout, Munnekolala, Marathahalli Post.

Back