New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,821
the only reason they've come out with these plans is because they've hit upon the traffic shaping idea..

@rshashank,FUP calculation doesn't seem to be aligned with the bill period. I am on 25GB FUP limit plan and I got the "80% limit reached" sms yesterday (my bill period starts 26th every month) and my unbilled usage was ~140GB. And more interestingly, restarting the modem in some rare times gives me 2mbps or removes traffic shaping in torrent traffic! It's like a very odd game that is played with your modem.

man, airtel is messing things up badly. cannot wait for hayai to finally launch its operations. :(

the only reason they've come out with these plans is because they've hit upon the traffic shaping idea..

man, airtel is messing things up badly.

cannot wait for hayai to finally launch its operations. :(

My points exactly :)

k.. so now my line mode is Adsl2+ (previously it was G.DMT ) and downstream and upstream rates too r upgraded.. So I guess tomorrow I will be getting 4Mbps ..
6141 1022
[TD="class: hd"]Status[/TD] [TD="colspan: 2"] SHOWTIME [/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Mode[/TD] [TD="colspan: 2"]ADSL2+ [/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Type[/TD] [TD="colspan: 2"] [/TD] [TD="colspan: 3"] [/TD] [TD="class: hd, width: 48"]Downstream[/TD] [TD="class: hd, width: 48"]Upstream[/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Rate (Kbps)[/TD]

just checked the anticipated price list of hayai! i hope it come to delhi as well. 20 mbps with 200 GB cap @ 1500. it appears so tempting!

just checked the anticipated price list of hayai! i hope it come to delhi as well. 20 mbps with 200 GB cap @ 1500. it appears so tempting!

Yes, we're working on NCR, but it's a massive pain.

Please also notice as per the heading that says "Infrastructure (applies to all wired plans)", the infrastructure cost is NOT included in that Rs1449, and so when you add the two together (infrastructure + plan), the total monthly price is Rs1999.

The reason we have done this is for maximum flexibility, as the only static cost is the infrastructure, and by separating out the two costs, we can allow you to switch plans at any time or if you're on a data plan it allows you to completely customize a plan to suit your budget by either pre-paying for data or setting a maximum bill limit. We think that the data plans will be popular with people who use

IMO these new tariff plans are just mock. I mean look at the new reliance plans the speeds after fair usage policy limit is 600kbps(512k which is the new definition of broadband). 256kbps is not going to work now a days.. The caps are kinda good for plans like 2099. I would like to know whats the cap for 2999 plan for which prev 150gigs was the limit?

k.. so now my line mode is Adsl2+ (previously it was G.DMT ) and downstream and upstream rates too r upgraded.. So I guess tomorrow I will be getting 4Mbps ..

[TD="class: hd"]Status[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"] SHOWTIME[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Mode[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]ADSL2+[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Type[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Downstream[/TD]
[TD="class: hd, width: 48"]Upstream[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Rate (Kbps)[/TD]

Do update us once u start receiving 4 mbps speeds and what speed are u getting on torrents...Thanks..

Still no speed upgrade .. getting 2Mbps only ..Have called them and they r telling my bill generates on 24th so speed will be upgraded on 24th only after bill is generated .. But when my billing cycle starts from 23rd then y they want to wait till bill generation??? totally out of mind airtel ..

Back