New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,821
@bitgeek plzz help me out in installing DD-WRT on this router... :)

@bitgeek plzz help me out in installing DD-WRT on this router... :)
Your review on the newly purchased Asus RT-N13U is still pending...

----------

Going to buy this one soon. The stock firmware sucks, so make sure you install DD-WRT if you get it.
Does it voids the product warranty?

Does it voids the product warranty?

Yes installing a different firmware that is not official will void your warranty...... Raj I might be hopefully testing this Asus N13U soon and if I do the same I will make a video review of the same.

:blink3:Two days back I hit the 30GB FUP limit and even got an email alert but speed has not reduced from 2mbps to 1mbps as per my plan. ( I have downloaded about 2GB since then)I am wondering if Airtel has increased the limit for free ???My existing plan is : Rs 1699+tax for 30GB at 2mbps and 100GB at 1mbpsThe new 2mbps plan is: Rs 1599+tax for 75GB at 2mbps and unlimited at 256kbpsNow the big question is if they increased the limit for free and would they allow us old customers to retain 1mbps speed after exceeding FUP limit ???

off topic but....what happens after 100GB at 1 MBPS..!?

The original plan was 100GB at 1mbps and after exceeding 100GB it was unlimited at 512kbps. Later they topped it with 30GB at 2mbps for free.

I dont recall having crossed a total of 130GB so I am not sure what happens after that.

:blink3:

Two days back I hit the 30GB FUP limit and even got an email alert but speed has not reduced from 2mbps to 1mbps as per my plan. ( I have downloaded about 2GB since then)

I am wondering if Airtel has increased the limit for free ???

My existing plan is : Rs 1699+tax for 30GB at 2mbps and 100GB at 1mbps

The new 2mbps plan is: Rs 1599+tax for 75GB at 2mbps and unlimited at 256kbps

Now the big question is if they increased the limit for free and would they allow us old customers to retain 1mbps speed after exceeding FUP limit ???
Same here.I'm on the exact same plan and having crossed my fair usage quota for the month by some margin, 20 GB's to be exact, I still haven't noticed any reduction in speed.
I was under the impression that it was due to me opting for the new plans but apparently not.

:blink3:

Two days back I hit the 30GB FUP limit and even got an email alert but speed has not reduced from 2mbps to 1mbps as per my plan. ( I have downloaded about 2GB since then)

I am wondering if Airtel has increased the limit for free ???

My existing plan is : Rs 1699+tax for 30GB at 2mbps and 100GB at 1mbps

The new 2mbps plan is: Rs 1599+tax for 75GB at 2mbps and unlimited at 256kbps

Now the big question is if they increased the limit for free and would they allow us old customers to retain 1mbps speed after exceeding FUP limit ???

Most ISPs don't USUALLY seem to update the plans that existing customers are on - they leave them where they are until the customer notices. Sometimes this works to the customers advantage (new plans tend to have more restrictive FUPs as you can see), other times not (price is cut in like, half or something).

IMO, for the sake of Rs100, you're better off on your current plan.

Back