New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,821
according to my friend from bangalore who recently applied for a new connection he was told he can change his plan anytime and the change will get reflected by the next working day.

that is strange coz i was clearly told that i can only change connection at the end of the billing cycle!

I emailed [email protected] this morning to ask why my speed has not been upgraded to 4mbps from 2mbps. My new billing period starts today.

I got no response, not even an automated acknowledgement mail. Then I emailed [email protected] 1 hours ago. Same result - no acknowledgement mail. Then I connected a telephone instrument to my Airtel land line (because I do not use the Airtel line to make calls) & called the complaint number - 198.

The usual IVR, then the system placed me on hold & then disconnected me....this happened twice.

I guess I need to wait for a minimum of 24 (working) hours for a response.

they are currently responding to my complaints after like 2 days of the filing of complaint. i got a call today for a complaint i made day before yesterday. he was like, sir i got the complaint only today. was very annoying.

I was just told by airtel executive that this new TRAI guideline due to which I can't migrate plan in between month. Is it really so or are they just trying to fool as they usually do? I am not able to find any such new norm on internet.

This is absolute loose stool water. There is no such TRAI guideline.

I emailed [email protected] this morning to ask my speed has not been upgraded to 4mbps from 2mbps. My new billing period starts today.

I got no response, not even an automated acknowledgement mail. Then I emailed [email protected] 1 hours ago. Same result - no acknowledgement mail. Then I connected a telephone instrument to my Airtel land line (because I do not use the Airtel line to make calls) & called the complaint number - 198.

The usual IVR, then the system placed me on hold & then disconnected me....this happened twice.

Even my plan is not upgraded, i made many complaints but no response yet.

Even my plan is not upgraded, i made many complaints but no response yet.
Did you get an (automated) acknowledgement email?

I emailed [email protected] this morning to ask why my speed has not been upgraded to 4mbps from 2mbps. My new billing period starts today.

Hi there,

Same problem here. I requested for bill plan change on 18th and my bill plan has not been changed. My billing cycle starts today. I emailed them twice today but I didn't get any response or automated acknowledgement.

Even though I requested for bill plan change, no one called me for confirmation as well. God knows what airtel is doing!

Everytime when I emailed them I used to get acknowledgment in 15 minutes and response in 8 hours. But this time nothing!

----------------------------------------
Gopichand Pai

----------

that is strange coz i was clearly told that i can only change connection at the end of the billing cycle!

Yes plans change only on the start of the billing cycle and not any other day....

I think the Airtel systems are down. I just tried logging into my account & it redirected me to an error page.

It said, "The system could not log into your account.
Reason: The system could not retrieve your user account information data store. Please try again later."

If you want to see that stupid page - https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/cares/wps/portal/!ut/p/.scr/ErrorLoginRetrieveUser.

I was getting this problem since the morning. I am able to login now.

Well... can't login again!

Back