Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
Hi,

for the past 4 days, rain was some what normal, but yesterday and today very heavy. Today it is raining heavily, did not stop till now.

Good news is, Tata(Sky working perfectly for me :thumbsup::thumbsup: how abt other chennai guyz ?

Thanks
Hi asdfgf, it was week end and thats the reason i could not come on board to the forum.

I thought of starting this thread on Monday (today) but you have already started this. Cool man:thumbsup:.

Even i did not loose the signal in this week end even though it was raining heavily in chennai. Kudos to TS:thumbsup:

There is no problem in Dishtv as well and also to DD DTH signal :rofl:...... and I think Dishtv people are more matured and sensible and does not want to start useless threads like this and waste their time and company's time...... :hysterical::hysterical: they are using it since many years.. not like TS which is just 1 year old..

Heavy rain in chennai, hot summer in chennai, cool winter and so on.. what is these useless threads.. dont you have any other info to share which will be useful..

I think tech_enthu you should start a poll asking if it is working in Dishtv in rains now or not:hysterical:

Hi jjvj,

There is nothing wrong with this thread. Last couple of days due to low pressure there was heavy rain in Chennai. This thread will provide very useful information for would-be DTH customers.

It is very sad to see that people are forming groups and are trying to take a dig at others.

-Ravi

Rain was moderate and not heavy . But it was raining for more than 24hrs.
There is nothing to praise Dish tv or Tata Sky or DD dth. The satellites were enough powerful so the signals reached the dish even after some attuention. Kudos should be given to the satellite operators only and not to the dth companies who merely uplink.

Curious to see there are no probs during the rains, did they upgrade everybody's digicomp for free ?Or did they just beam a stronger signal.

There is no problem in Dishtv as well and also to DD DTH signal :rofl:...... and I think Dishtv people are more matured and sensible and does not want to start useless threads like this and waste their time and company's time...... :hysterical::hysterical: they are using it since many years.. not like TS which is just 1 year old..

Heavy rain in chennai, hot summer in chennai, cool winter and so on.. what is these useless threads.. dont you have any other info to share which will be useful..

I think tech_enthu you should start a poll asking if it is working in Dishtv in rains now or not:hysterical:

As there are no problems with Tata Sky and as all tatasky customers are a happy lot, a little bit silly postings will only lighten the mood.

Or, is it because, dishtv subscribers are used to rain blackouts, and know the technical reasons for it, are stoic about it?

What you say is 100% correct :thumbsup: But do you think these people are going to understand? They still think that Tata Sky is sending powerful signals because it is raining in Chennai :hysterical: They won't and can't understand these things. See the replies after your post :hysterical:

Thanks for your information. Lucky you didn't go too technical as you would have wasted your time here. One member called Juggernut rightly said about this forum 2 days back.

Anyway thanks for your information.

:hysterical::hysterical: oh my god...... :hysterical::hysterical: tatasky sending signals :hysterical:

Yes Jjvj. Read those posts they are thinking like that only:rolleyes: Few think that a magic software upgrade changed their stb as super stbs which will receive Tata Sky even without power supply also:rofl: They dont know about satellites reception etc.. so will talk like that only. They are just spoon feeding fellows :ashamed: Don't understand or learn anything :wall:

It is not that simple. One should not dismiss anything lightly. The whole chain - uplinking, local processing/amplification in the sat, beaming down, dish alignment, LNB, attenuation in cable from LNB to STB, and the STB - all are important and have a role to play. Both software and hardware decide the outcome; and ingenious design can cover or make up for deficiencies.

Some examples: My Sony DVD player will hang if the DVD (borrowed from British libraries) is bad, but my old Thomson player will simply skip the defect and continue to play. This is mainly due to how the software handles a noisy signal. Some copied mp3 music cds get into trouble in my Dell desktop, but pose no problems in Lenova laptop.

Many designers will know that how exceptions are handled define the good and bad products.

You may also know that most of the electronic products are designed to work over a wide range - 90 to 250 volts; any product which expects you to use a voltage stabiliser is ready for the dustbin.

Yes Jjvj. Read those posts they are thinking like that only:rolleyes: Few think that a magic software upgrade changed their stb as super stbs which will receive tata sky even without power supply also:rofl: They dont know about satellites reception etc.. so will talk like that only. They are just spoon feeding fellows :ashamed: Don't understand or learn anything :wall:

For eg. From the software point of view:
If the SW detects that the signal has fallen below, say, 40 (acceptable range 40 to 90). There are several options:
1. Set the video to zero, show a blank screen, and shut down.
2. Show a message of warning, and restore the picture when signal level rises.
3. Continue showing the picture with degraded quality till the picture is only noise.
4. Use signal enhancing techniques to continue working.

The point is, don't under estimate the power of software. A good, well thought out, and well written software can make a significant contribution to performance and reliability.

Goodos to tech_enthu . He's living upto his name by explaining in depth in satellite transmission technologies.

I had came to understand from my people in Chennai that they did had issues, but it was occassional and also only for a moment.

May be some of our friends here are bonded to TSky, just to save their face keep telling it was excellent even in 4 days of continuous rough weather, it didn't go down not even for a sec. Who knows they might even comeback and tell after a cyclone, my dish got upside down but still I was able to get a clear picture!:hysterical:

Goodos to tech_enthu . He's living upto his name by explaining in depth in satellite transmission technologies.

I had came to understand from my people in Chennai that they did had issues, but it was occassional and also only for a moment.

May be some of our friends here are bonded to TSky, just to save their face keep telling it was excellent even in 4 days of continuous rough weather, it didn't go down not even for a sec. Who knows they might even comeback and tell after a cyclone, my dish got upside down but still I was able to get a clear picture!:hysterical:

ah ha. nice joke..

Back