Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
I agree completely with tech_enthu (https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth/18094-heavy-rain-chennai-tata-sky/2/#post125975) he has well explained the issue on the software front. Only I need to add up that Tata Sky STB's are also superior so they have higher gain tuners so the STB's continue receiving the signal for low signal strengths (till some threshold level) and therefore TATASKY had no issue with heavy rains
Although TATASKY (or any DTH system) will never work with inverted dish :)

Unless the STB has enough memory with a full back up of a couple of hours of programmes! It can then automatically switch on without visible break to stored programmes; since most of the channels repeat their programmes, some mugs may not even notice it!!!!

i never talk about satellites, do u know what is the size of dish they use in
US, its much smaller , because they may be having that kind of satellite,
its depends on satellites ,stb, location ,and then weather, so how can u
say that we dont know it, i think you have gone crazy by creating new IDs every week. and inverted dish i dont know about it.

Unless the STB has enough memory with a full back up of a couple of hours of programmes! It can then automatically switch on without visible break to stored programmes; since most of the channels repeat their programmes, some mugs may not even notice it!!!!

stored programmes :hysterical: is TS relaying Delayed feed and stored programs during rains. So this the the software you people are talking about

i never talk about satellites, do u know what is the size of dish they use in
US, its much smaller , because they may be having that kind of satellite,
its depends on satellites ,stb, location ,and then weather, so how can u
say that we dont know it, i think you have gone crazy by creating new IDs every week. and inverted dish i dont know about it.

Yes friend that is what i was trying to tell to that the important thing is the Satellite and location nothing with software. Just try a FTA STB and Cband signal and see it does not break for a single second even in heavy rain. So do you say it is Software, comeon guys you must be kidding thinking others are fools.

we never think others as fools, fools r those who think others r fools,otherwise this forum would not exits if there r more people like u.

stored programmes :hysterical: is TS relaying Delayed feed and stored programs during rains. So this the the software you people are talking about

Yes friend that is what i was trying to tell to that the important thing is the Satellite and location nothing with software. Just try a FTA STB and Cband signal and see it does not break for a single second even in heavy rain. So do you say it is Software, comeon guys you must be kidding thinking others are fools.
Both serious stuff and light stuff easily go over your head. I don't blame you. At least you are good at abusing, and looking at everything from a narrow coloured vision. God bless you and your ilk.

May be a short course on 'equipment design' and on 'product differentiation' will help you to think differently.

@tech_enthu, @ajuravi007, @sam999, @asdfgf, @kedarisv and other regulars.IGNORE that fellow. Do not reply to his post. Use @... to specify who you are communicating with. If you don't do that, this will keep on multiplying. IGNORE.

@tech_enthu, @ajuravi007, @sam999, @asdfgf, @kedarisv and other regulars.

IGNORE that fellow. Do not reply to his post. Use @... to specify who you are communicating with. If you don't do that, this will keep on multiplying. IGNORE.

@tech_enthu, @sam999, @asdfgf, @kedarisv and other regulars. Gregory is 100% correct. I am one of the victim of that fellow as i have been banned at this point of time and thats the reason i have come out with new id to inform you. Please ignore him and dont fell into his trap.
All the best:thumbsup:.

Dear all, Its nice to see so many comments on heavy rains in chennai and still signal are good enough, Just to tell you its the case with every dth, in heavy rains signals got off or fluctuate for a while or for some 2-3 min and then came back as the way they are previously coming, so their will hardly be any problem in heavy rains whether its dishtv/Tata Sky/dd dth. I am having dishtv and haven't face any problem in heavy rains.

The signal loss topic has actually been covered previously.

There are, however, some disadvantages of Ku band system. When frequencies higher than 10 GHz are transmitted and received used in a heavy rain fall area, a noticeable degradation occurs, due to the problems caused by and proportional to the amount of rain fall (commonly known as known as "rain fade").

This problem can be combatted, however, by deploying an appropriate link budget strategy when designing the satellite network, and allocating a higher power consumption to overcome rain fade loss. In terms of end-viewer TV reception, it takes heavy rainfalls in excess of 100 mm per hour to have a noticeable effect.

The higher frequency spectrum of the Ku band is particularly susceptible to signal degradation considerably more so than C-band satellite frequency spectrum. A similar phenomena, called "snow fade" (when snow accumulation significantly alters the focal point of your dish) can also occur during Winter Season. Also, the Kuband satellites typically require considerably more power to transmit than the C-band satellites.

- Ku band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back