Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
It is not that simple. One should not dismiss anything lightly. The whole chain - uplinking, local processing/amplification in the sat, beaming down, dish alignment, LNB, attenuation in cable from LNB to STB, and the STB - all are important and have a role to play. Both software and hardware decide the outcome; and ingenious design can cover or make up for deficiencies.

Some examples: My Sony DVD player will hang if the DVD (borrowed from British libraries) is bad, but my old Thomson player will simply skip the defect and continue to play. This is mainly due to how the software handles a noisy signal. Some copied mp3 music cds get into trouble in my Dell desktop, but pose no problems in Lenova laptop.

Many designers will know that how exceptions are handled define the good and bad products.

You may also know that most of the electronic products are designed to work over a wide range - 90 to 250 volts; any product which expects you to use a voltage stabiliser is ready for the dustbin.

For eg. From the software point of view:
If the SW detects that the signal has fallen below, say, 40 (acceptable range 40 to 90). There are several options:
1. Set the video to zero, show a blank screen, and shut down.
2. Show a message of warning, and restore the picture when signal level rises.
3. Continue showing the picture with degraded quality till the picture is only noise.
4. Use signal enhancing techniques to continue working.

The point is, don't under estimate the power of software. A good, well thought out, and well written software can make a significant contribution to performance and reliability.

That means DD DTH is better than TS, as it had also not experienced any technical problem. :Thumbsup: and it is FREE.I am sure you are telling all lies and fooling people here, I have friend who has more knowledge in this field, will tell him to join and then he will post .If your DVD was giving problem then why comparing it here.You must have spoiled it by using all dirty DVDs. :Scared14:I think you dont know much about DTH, and trying to show people here as if you are a genius, and poor people here are going to think you as it only. Software has nothing to do with signals, signal will be good only if dish is fixed properly along with lnb, cable etc. software only will give you the picture quality but not signal quality. if you still think it is software only that is giving you good signal then go and move you dish to other satellite and see if it still gives you the signal.

may be some what true by tech_enthu

Goodos to tech_enthu . He's living upto his name by explaining in depth in satellite transmission technologies.

I had came to understand from my people in Chennai that they did had issues, but it was occassional and also only for a moment.

May be some of our friends here are bonded to TSky, just to save their face keep telling it was excellent even in 4 days of continuous rough weather, it didn't go down not even for a sec. Who knows they might even comeback and tell after a cyclone, my dish got upside down but still I was able to get a clear picture!:hysterical:

yes, people here will believe if you tell that your dish got upside down and still you were getting good signal as your software was good :hysterical:

did you read what he said and also did u understand what he said.Just dont praise an idiot and become another.you said MAYBE. that shows you did not understand anything :hysterical:

did you read what he said and also did u understand what he said.Just dont praise an idiot and become another.you said MAYBE. that shows you did not understand anything :hysterical:

hitler i dont understand that r u the old lnsb or some dumb user who is trying to do time pass, do u know how software and hardware work in electronics, its not your local train that runs only on hardware and big pieces of iron, what is mp3, is it more dependent on hardware or software.its not the age of gramophone. grow up dude and read technology mags.try using windows xp and then move on unix ,or better stat from dos.

whats he doing in broadband forums he should be in politics.

I agree completely with tech_enthu (https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth/18094-heavy-rain-chennai-tata-sky/2/#post125975) he has well explained the issue on the software front. Only I need to add up that Tata Sky STB's are also superior so they have higher gain tuners so the STB's continue receiving the signal for low signal strengths (till some threshold level) and therefore TATASKY had no issue with heavy rains
Although TATASKY (or any DTH system) will never work with inverted dish :)

yes, people here will believe if you tell that your dish got upside down and still you were getting good signal as your software was good :hysterical:

On my experience with the fight with Mr. Amaten, it seems that he is the person with new id and that too he has selected a good name that is hitler. This id was created yesterday.

Welcome back with new id crazy creature

hitler i dont understand that r u the old lnsb or some dumb user who is trying to do time pass, do u know how software and hardware work in electronics, its not your local train that runs only on hardware and big pieces of iron,
what is mp3, is it more dependent on hardware or software.
its not the age of gramophone. grow up dude and read technology mags.
try using windows xp and then move on unix ,or better stat from dos.

I pity on you guys :hysterical: you people dont know about satellites at all :Rofl: if you still need help i will explain more.to all others I am not that guy who you are thinking, I am not fool like him or any others to keep quite hearing all wrong infos here.

Back