Tata Sky Service charge too HIGH

• Thread starter Thread starter bannie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,296

bannie

ISP
Airtel
Hi All, This is my first post in this community, I took a new Tata Sky conneIction about 2 months ago. Yesterday suddently there was no signal to my set top box and I started investigating, soon I found out that the set top box connector had a problem, the cable was broken from inside and if I moved the cable I was able to receive the signal. I called the helpline and they sent a engineer today to fix the issue and I was also informed that there would be a nominal charge to do the same. All the engineer had to do was to remove the connector, trim the cable and reconnect the connector, he said he would charge Rs.300 as service charge for doing it, I was shocked I didnt avail his service and asked him to leave and fixed it myself using simple household tools. Has anyone else had similar experience with TATA Sky? I think these guys are trying con us in every available way. Thanks,b@nnie

Have not had any equipment problems at my end. But since TS provides a one year warranty (not sure if it covers the cabling), I don't think he should have demanded a service charge. Anyway, call up CC and confirm the same.

All of a sudden, today my Tata Sky is showing No Signal. I called up customer care and even after following all the steps to check all the connections and resetting STB, its still showing 'No Signal'.After that, customer care ppl told me that they will take down a service complaint and as my connection is more than a year old i.e. 13.5 mths (free service for a year), it will be charged Rs. 350 :o :OI fought with them a lot over why should I pay when there is no fault on my side, but they didn't agree and provided one more option AMC for Rs. 500 :Onow, frustatingly, when i asked about closing this tata sky connection, I was told that, I will not be given back my remaining balance in my tata sky account. This is pure loot.Q1. Why Rs. 350 for a service visit? Its not worth it. In some more amount than that, we can get a another new DTH.Q2. nothing happened to my connection for 1 yr and now, just after that, all of a sudden (no change in set-up from my side), this is not working and I am asked to pay for service charges or AMC? Is something fishy here?This is not done.. this is harassing customers..did not expect this from a TATA company..

Its rescission time so be prepared for everything whether its Tata or Reliance or matter of Fact anybody

once i had a problem with my remote so called cc they told that if there is any damage in remote then i have to pay 350.RS and a person from TS came to my home and saw the remote and there was a damage in my remote and he told that it would be charged for replacing the remote and i argued with him and unplugged my STB and told him to take it with him so he called somebody after sometime he gave me a new remote for free ATLAST I WON THE BATTLE :yahoo:

Providing a good service it self is big thing in India.Everybody want Free Lunch :(

Totally agreed. It is high time govt brings in rules about price control and quality control. In US and UK, there is very strict service control and you can complain if you are unhappy. We need some mechanism in India.Also, about the post above, I must say. All DTH operators have charges. So its not that only TS is charging. Also, you were able to repair the problems in STB but everyone can't. So there has to be some way of helping the customers who can't do it.

Well, you might have visited my thread where i compared DTH ppl with local cable guys. I would like to tell you some interesting thing i witnessed, when my next door neighbor was in trouble.When after constructing a new floor over my house, the cable wire of next home (which is 2 floor bunglow) was obstructing walls or construction of first floor. I had to cut that wire (ofcourse, with permission of cable operator)and asked him to do rest of the thing. I was keeping my fingers crossed since i didnot want to pay big amount extended wire he may require. But to my surprise, his cable operator came on same day and replaced entire wire coming from the source to a better and thicker one, and when his work was done he simply went off. He didnt charge a penny from either him or me.!!

its cable guy sir they will do it as no cust will spend a penny to replace their wire which comes from their place somewhat around 1km but in case of DTH its different the wires are coming from ur terrace and if any damage happens then its our fault

Back