Ubuntu 7.10 is the hotness :)

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 20,183
ya, amarok was good, will try that along with smplayer.i've joined the #ubuntu irc channel, mentioned the feedback although they say its too late for minor changes only critical problems...and im not motivated enough to track down the ekiga problem to report it...

:Di went there with my problem. no one was interested in helping me.currently i am at irc.freenode.net #I B F trying to set up an IRC channel for the forum.

ya, an IRC channel on freenode (called IBF?) will be cool.now gutsy is updating compiz... bahcant seem to locate the AAC codec (w32codecs) maybe the packaging is not ready for gutsy :)

umm have u tried synaptic?:Pof course you would have tried it... weird... i did not get any updates for openoffice/compiz...found some entries related to audacious...its similar to winamp.

heh, ya i use synaptic and also the aptitude console gui sometimes!btw, you are on irc #IBF but idle... i meowed and barked in the channel already...

can someone tell me what the minimum system requirements are for 7.10? dont need all the compiz and other eyecandy stuff.

i cant find a webpage with gutsy requirements, but feisty recommended min is 256mb ram thats it... im sure whatever config you have will work, except nvidia/ati cards might have issues...i even have a old i845 onboard video with 8mb video ram and the eyecandy works pretty well :)anyways thats what the "live CD" is for.. to test drive the thing without the need for installing!

^ yeah, me neither finding any webpage showing requirements.anyways, i have to get my comp fixed first, missing the ubuntu environment. :( lol

Back