Ubuntu 7.10 is the hotness :)

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 20,183
bah, the so called BulletProofX is not so bullet proof after all, at least in this beta.when i installed an nvidia card in my pc ubuntu would go into the xorg config safe mode. i would select nv or vesa graphics and test the screen setting which would work but the boot would again go into the safe mode xorg config screen in an endless loop.then i tried to reinstall off the live cd, and the setup would not go past step 6 of 8 (windows import) so i booted into safe graphics mode and was able to install.then had to enable restricted drivers by changing my software sources to the main server and reboot.now the visual effects (compiz fusion) works a bit better and the screensavers are much better than they were with my previous onboard intel i845 video :)

I downloaded this beta and tried . Not very much changes on desktop end , i installed through vmware ( lazy :P ) and then booted up as main OS surprisingly it didnt go in safe graphics mode as i read so i had to hand edit it to boot into vesa and get my graphics card working , this isn't a bug though and i kind of expected this to happen . What i like in this1) ntfs-3g included by default :D ( tried alternate install cd )2) Nice sharp fonts even at default install which i definitely like compared to older versions and pclinux OS 2007 , before i had to manually add more fonts and change settings to make desktop look good .

release candidate is out, final release in on week!

could not find any updates today that would have updated me to the RC release. maybe i already have all the patches download.since ubuntu on my box is behaving like a bitch now, i am planning a reinstall this coming 18th (the day i would be 26 year old :( ).but 2 days later i should have the laptop with me with Vista on it. not sure what i would end up using by 22nd.

just downloaded the RC desktop and alternate isos (to test on my tablet) and i notice the desktop CD has WUBI on it :) not sure if earlier versions had it

nope. its a new addition to give yet another option to the user to test it out.

I just got the announcement email, it's out! Get it while it's hot!I'm going to stick with openSUSE 10.3 at home for the time being. I'll try to see if I can get my office PC which is currently on 7.04 upgraded to 7.10 :)

oh, gutsy is out!now i have to get that new hard disk! and have to wait till my plan is changed to NU! :wall:

Back