Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,948
If Ishant plays any match of d series we can easily assume series is lost. And Agarkar had a very good yorker and slow ball which he used to use in death overs. He was hit for runs but not like Ishant. Have never seen him bowl a single yorker in his career.

Zaheer bowls good yorkers and is capable of handling the death overs. can't see any reason to hold him off just due to age factor.

i don't think ishant will be out given dhoni's backing
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/australia-in-india-2013/top-stories/Dhoni-defends-decision-to-give-Ishant-48th-over-that-cost-game/articleshow/24402806.cms
[color=rgb(63,63,63);font-family:georgia;font-size:15px;]"I will talk to selectors if it concerns selection. There are some batsmen who have not made runs, there are bowlers who have gone for runs. All of a sudden when you lose one or two matches you want the playing eleven bowlers to be removed. [/color]

[color=rgb(63,63,63);font-family:georgia;font-size:15px;]"They are part of the side, because they are talented and let's back them. The bowlers who are waiting in wings, they can wait a bit more. Once somebody goes out of the side, tendency is that they are forgotten, they keep talking about new bowler. I always feel that people who are in the side should be given the rope, does not matter if he is a bowler or a batsman." [/color]
According to him those batsmen who are not scoring runs should be given chance to score runs and the bowlers who are waiting should keep on waiting

I'd like one more to be on the send off list:Raina
I don't know why he's in the team even after so many lacklustre performances.

Ashish said:
Zaheer bowls good yorkers and is capable of handling the death overs. can't see any reason to hold him off just due to age factor.
Buddy, he is an injury prone player.They can't risk him and besides that they are looking forward to WC15.

zaheer has not played a single ODI since last 2 yrs. if he does not plays now he will not go to the WC at all. also he will be 37 at the time of WC, so his best chance is to play now

Yes, but the question arises is he fit enough to make it to playing 11.Either that is the reason why selectors are not picking him or they are looking for the young blood.At the moment as you posted above on this page they want to stick with Ishant Sharma which is not a good decision at all.But the question is why?Calling him the spearhead of the Indian bowling is a joke.

Dhoni had said Zaheer is the Sachin Tendulkar of bowling. I guess now he is saying Ishant is the Rohit Sharma of bowling...

pkmishra said:
Yes, but the question arises is he fit enough to make it to playing 11.Either that is the reason why selectors are not picking him or they are looking for the young blood.At the moment as you posted above on this page they want to stick with Ishant Sharma which is not a good decision at all.But the question is why?Calling him the spearhead of the Indian bowling is a joke.

dhoni had made clear his preference for youngsters starting this calender year. yuvraj was lucky to get a comeback , but if he continues this kind of form he could be replaced by rayudu

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/india-vs-australia-3rd-odi-mohali-sourav-ganguly-harbhajan-zaheer/1/317148.html
Bhajji?? LoL

Back