Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,948
Why umesh Yadav not being played.? He is the best option in death overs.

Ishant Sharma , Vinay Kumar both are useless .. I have been saying this and will say again keeping in mind 2015 India needs to bring back Zaheer Khan .. So what if he is 35 .. He will bowl much better than these two .. At the most give Unadkat also a chance in the playing XI he has been doing well ... Not to forget Ashwins laid back attitude .. He has started to feel that there is no one to give him competition ...
harry10 said:
Why umesh Yadav not being played.? He is the best option in death overs.
He is also in the expensive side .. On these flat tracks if Ishant goes for 65 yadav will go for 80 ...
umeshg729 said:
Where is Varun Aron?
He has yet to come back from injury, I read somewhere that he is now fit again ..

Yes Ashwin should be dropped and Zaheer needs to be in the playing XI. Zaheer has hot the talent and experience that is missing in the bowling dept.

Absolutely. Zaheer is anyday better than the options we have right now. Also Yadav can be expensive but atleast he picks wickets and is a decent fielder. Ishant gives runs. Don't pick wickets and is a huge liability in d field.

just see yadav's stats.
26 odi's, just 29 wickets @ 42 avg. just show me another fast bowler in india who had such bad stats after 25 matches. i had previously told he was another dinda in making and will meet the same fate.
we have other bowling options like unadkat and mohit sharma. and yes zaheer is needed as there's no one with experience in the bowling department. jadeja is the senior most bowler, lol.

Mohit Sharma seems like a decent option. For a brief moment i thought Dinda was indeed going to be the go-to bowler for us in the death until he took some beating. The only time Vinay's bowling card looks good is when the ball is new. And calling or even assuming Ishant as the leading fast bowler is beyond imagination.

In current Indian bowling lineup, there is hardly any bowler who can bowl economical overs. I thought Ashwin was economical, but this series has displayed that he can give away run as easily as Ishant Sharma or Ajit Agarkar :)

Back