First Hand Experience with Sun DTH and Tata Sky a comparison

BTM 2nd stage
Check out with the TV shops in BTM/Jayanagar/Koramangala. Now they started 'Sun Direct Available Here' boards infront of the shops. Or you can directly go to the dealer in Lalbagh road

I beleive SUN Direct is the best choice for South. This gives you more channels at cheaper rates that any other DTH Providers now.Now for Rs. 75/- + Rs. 25/- (Kannada or Telugu Packs) you get almost all the channels that come in any of the starter packs of Tata Sky or Dish DTH. May be the extra would be the Sports Channels they are offering, but subscribers are paying Rs.200/- for that anyways.So SUN Direct even if they come up with pay channels including Sony and Star it might go upto Rs.200/- but basic viewers can have all other channels for Rs.100/- just equal to the CABLE SERVICE Provider Charge without set top box.So I beleive SUN DTH is the best choice for South Indians.

One month back I have upgraded my Tata Sky to Sky Plus. Basically it gives you a PVR instead of your normal STB. Till upgrading to Sky+ for Mallu channels I was using Sun DTH since the video quality was little better and there are many more Malayalam channels compared to Tata Sky. As I posted earlier I got both since its introduction in Bangalore.But after upgrading the Sky + I found I hardly watch Sun since the SKy+ STB gives very vivid colors and improved video through its Component video out and PVR is very very useful. I have seen my children extensively use the PVR featrues since they do not want to miss any of the english serials / or soccer match etc... I am still waiting for the day Sun / Tata give HD and gives our Open TV firmware. Current firmware is pathetic compared to Sky+ but SD is very cheap.

To launch HD service in DTH i think it will take atleast a min of 1 year with all the DTh service provider.......

TV Telecast companies ( DD, Nat Geo , News X and few channels) are yet to get government approval for HDTV telecast. :@

Govt will be busy now a days due terror attacks and election campaigns and forthcoming lok sabha elections too.......

Otherwise they will sell the HDTV band spectrum by first come first serve basis to SWAN infotech.

One month back I have upgraded my Tata Sky to Sky Plus. Basically it gives you a PVR instead of your normal STB. Till upgrading to Sky+ for Mallu channels I was using Sun DTH since the video quality was little better and there are many more Malayalam channels compared to Tata Sky. As I posted earlier I got both since its introduction in Bangalore.

But after upgrading the Sky + I found I hardly watch Sun since the SKy+ STB gives very vivid colors and improved video through its Component video out and PVR is very very useful. I have seen my children extensively use the PVR featrues since they do not want to miss any of the english serials / or soccer match etc... I am still waiting for the day Sun / Tata give HD and gives our Open TV firmware. Current firmware is pathetic compared to Sky+ but SD is very cheap.
Have you tried the link record feature in TS+? Yhis feature is not working in my case; I will take up this issue with TS. Will appreciate your feedback.

Have you tried the link record feature in TS+? Yhis feature is not working in my case; I will take up this issue with TS. Will appreciate your feedback.

I have tried this just after the TSKY+ installation for car and bike show which comes in NDTV profit. It did not work.

Back