Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices won't be directly comparable unless other ISPs start offering flat-rate plans at the same speeds. I can say that we should be better value for money.

If Tata and Reliance aren't around, then probably not. Airtel's 30-50mbit/s plans still aren't available in Mumbai, I think (but they only exist with 200GB limits anyway). Depending on where you are in the city, I can try to make an enquiry or two.

Not because of the monopoly, strictly speaking - mostly because the cablewalas in those areas could be described as... anti-social. I had some problems with them at my old apartment when they found out where I lived. We have been trying to come to amicable arrangements for over a year now but so far has only been half solved: every time we talk to them, we get a different story.

are u talking about 7 Star cable - 7 Bungalows and In cable - Kandivali area

are u talking about 7 Star cable - 7 Bungalows and In cable - Kandivali area

First one yes and second one I don't remember, although like I said, the tendancy is to flip-flop on the issue each time we speak to them. Until we have a live connection in that area and operational, I can't give a straight yes or no answer.

First one yes and second one I don't remember, although like I said, the tendancy is to flip-flop on the issue each time we speak to them. Until we have a live connection in that area and operational, I can't give a straight yes or no answer.

very true. once your services are up and running u can contact them again but it would be great if u have in all parts of mumbai

If Tata and Reliance aren't around, then probably not. Airtel's 30-50mbit/s plans still aren't available in Mumbai, I think (but they only exist with 200GB limits anyway). Depending on where you are in the city, I can try to make an enquiry or two.

I stay in mumbai, Sion East, Near GTB station. Well i dont see any provider who can help me with good speed even on temp basis till you start the service. All i can do is sit and pray for the service to start soon in mumbai...

I stay in mumbai, Sion East, Near GTB station. Well i dont see any provider who can help me with good speed even on temp basis till you start the service. All i can do is sit and pray for the service to start soon in mumbai...

Sion East is the territory of Fivenet. I think since someone killed the cablewala a while back though, that situation may not be an issue anymore.

@mgcarley : what about ur plan regarding Fixed wimax. and please tell us about optical fiber , FTTH , is it possible we can get it in another 3 years at our home in Punjab or in Chandigarh ?

@mgcarley : what about ur plan regarding Fixed wimax.

...yeah, what about it? We have tariff schemes ready for usage between 5 and 30GB. No unlimited on wireless because on the whole it's a crappy medium.

and please tell us about optical fiber , FTTH , is it possible we can get it in another 3 years at our home in Punjab or in Chandigarh ?

Yes. Probably what will happen is wireless will come first, FTTH comes as fast as we can build it.

Sion East is the territory of Fivenet. I think since someone killed the cablewala a while back though, that situation may not be an issue anymore.

I have fivenet right now, u see the 10mbps plan is burst speed upto 10mbps. Need 10mbps constant speed, thats the minimum im looking for. I seriously like the pricing of hayai BB. Just praying that would launch soon.

I have fivenet right now, u see the 10mbps plan is burst speed upto 10mbps. Need 10mbps constant speed, thats the minimum im looking for. I seriously like the pricing of hayai BB. Just praying that would launch soon.

Yeah, that's where their HQ is.

As they are consumer grade lines, speed is never going to be constant, and the advertised speed is always going to be the max rate. There is "reasonable expectation" of a certain speed, but nobody is obliged to provide the full rate - this is the case not just in India but everywhere in the world.

To cite an example of what we get here: in NZ, Australia and the UK, ADSL is provided usually at "ADSL2+ speeds" - what this means is, after the technical limitations (loss of signal strength due to the copper loop), even if your line syncs at say 16mbit/s, this doesn't mean you'll *always* get 16mbit/s - in my experience, you'll often get quite a lot less (depending on how heavily the network is being used at the time).

It would be different if ISPs were giving a point-to-point dedicated connection, in which case it would be expected that you should hit 80% or more of the advertised speed most of the time, but the simple truth is that this is not the product that is being sold.

Yeah, that's where their HQ is.

As they are consumer grade lines, speed is never going to be constant, and the advertised speed is always going to be the max rate. There is "reasonable expectation" of a certain speed, but nobody is obliged to provide the full rate - this is the case not just in India but everywhere in the world.

To cite an example of what we get here: in NZ, Australia and the UK, ADSL is provided usually at "ADSL2+ speeds" - what this means is, after the technical limitations (loss of signal strength due to the copper loop), even if your line syncs at say 16mbit/s, this doesn't mean you'll *always* get 16mbit/s - in my experience, you'll often get quite a lot less (depending on how heavily the network is being used at the time).

It would be different if ISPs were giving a point-to-point dedicated connection, in which case it would be expected that you should hit 80% or more of the advertised speed most of the time, but the simple truth is that this is not the product that is being sold.

if ever u start your services at kandivali, will it be through the cable fellow or as an independent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back