Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
if ever u start your services at kandivali, will it be through the cable fellow or as an independent

We are not using cablewalas in any areas at all in any city anywhere in India.

The only reason we have to be amicable with them is so that they don't come and cut our lines and such, otherwise I really have no desire to bother or interact with any of them.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

FTR: if any cablewala is ever to offer you service from Hayai, you can be 99.999% sure that he is probably stealing from us, unless it is specifically mentioned on our website that we had to make such arrangements as an absolute last-resort, as in I would receive death-threats if we laid our own cables... (but it's an extremely unlikely scenario because they would have to build new FTTH networks from scratch or it wouldn't work).

Also, Kandivali E is actually ok, AFAIK.

What if we made the FUPs lower? Then we could easily make the prices cheaper...

10GB FUP Rs720 inc tax
20GB FUP Rs900 inc tax
30GB FUP Rs1050 inc tax

Something like that. Speeds something like 10 or 100Mbit/s, then down to 256 kbit/s or whatever... probably then the intended audience might take them.

I think that if .. you are still thinking of considering these plans..according to the conversation with my friend these will do good

I think that if .. you are still thinking of considering these plans..according to the conversation with my friend these will do good

Crickey. I think those are a bit old (things change fast around here), and I think that this was written prior to Hayai-lite being wireless (with regular Hayai being wired).

Due to the wireless nature of the service, we do not offer unlimited of any kind on Hayai lite - we think it would negatively affect the quality of service, so we offer strictly data plans only, with tiers of 5, 10, 20 and 30GB. Proposed pricing is 299, 349, 499 and 649 including tax.

Also, being that IMO wireless has enough limitations as it is, we do not cap the speed at all - we leave that up to environmental factors. As such, in our marketing material we say the speed is up to 8mbit/s but if you're right next to the tower you might receive 30mbit/s. Under no circumstance should anyone receive less than 3mbit/s.

This may be even better for your friend than the original proposal.

Crickey. I think those are a bit old (things change fast around here), and I think that this was written prior to Hayai-lite being wireless (with regular Hayai being wired).

Due to the wireless nature of the service, we do not offer unlimited of any kind on Hayai lite - we think it would negatively affect the quality of service, so we offer strictly data plans only, with tiers of 5, 10, 20 and 30GB. Proposed pricing is 299, 349, 499 and 649 including tax.

Also, being that IMO wireless has enough limitations as it is, we do not cap the speed at all - we leave that up to environmental factors. As such, in our marketing material we say the speed is up to 8mbit/s but if you're right next to the tower you might receive 30mbit/s. Under no circumstance should anyone receive less than 3mbit/s.

Not only is it best, but the idea of 5gb in 299 will thrill all people. even better is it that you offer all plans on the normal Hayai equipment.. with no customer needing to buy any new equipment for a specific plan.
However my friend is also a fool in his own paradise kind of person. He thinks that the bsnl 512 kbps unlimited plan at 750 per month he can download virtually infinite(if unlimited is not the right word im beginning to feel) data and denies the concept of anything being impossible to give practically infinite (even if he has 10 portable hard drives bsnl or any other company will not let him download 10 TB in a single month) so he is one of the real difficult customers you will have to deal with

Not only is it best, but the idea of 5gb in 299 will thrill all people. even better is it that you offer all plans on the normal Hayai equipment.. with no customer needing to buy any new equipment for a specific plan.
However my friend is also a fool in his own paradise kind of person. He thinks that the bsnl 512 kbps unlimited plan at 750 per month he can download virtually infinite(if unlimited is not the right word im beginning to feel) data and denies the concept of anything being impossible to give practically infinite (even if he has 10 portable hard drives bsnl or any other company will not let him download 10 TB in a single month) so he is one of the real difficult customers you will have to deal with

Well... despite the tag "unlimited", they end up limiting you with the speed of the connection, so yes, I'm quite sure we will be able to deal with such customers. To download 10TB he would need a 30mbit/s connection. At 512kbit/s, he would need nearly 5 years to download 10TB :D

But yeah, I'm pretty sure no ISP would appreciate a customer utilizing 10TB a month, even on a 100mbit/s connection that costs 83,000 + tax (as BSNL's does).

Well... despite the tag "unlimited", they end up limiting you with the speed of the connection, so yes, I'm quite sure we will be able to deal with such customers. To download 10TB he would need a 30mbit/s connection. At 512kbit/s, he would need nearly 5 years to download 10TB :D

But yeah, I'm pretty sure no ISP would appreciate a customer utilizing 10TB a month, even on a 100mbit/s connection that costs 83,000 + tax (as BSNL's does).

he is one of the customers who care only to themselves... there is also a technical feasibility limit on flat rate connections... He I think is one of the persons I am sure will abuse the network if given a connection 100 mbps flat-rate.. but he sticks to bsnl 750 uld plan simply because it's advertised unlimited.. and below rs 1000
(By the way this connection too (as other connections of BSNL) only "says" 100 mbps and gives way less)

he is one of the customers who care only to themselves... there is also a technical feasibility limit on flat rate connections... He I think is one of the persons I am sure will abuse the network if given a connection 100 mbps flat-rate.. but he sticks to bsnl 750 uld plan simply because it's advertised unlimited.. and below rs 1000
(By the way this connection too (as other connections of BSNL) only "says" 100 mbps and gives way less)

I'm talking about their new FTTH connections, but yeah, I can't say I'm particularly surprised...

Basically if your friend were to obtain a 100mbit/s connection and proceed to abuse the network by downloading Terabyte after Terabyte, we would first try to come to a resolution (curb usage etc) or recommend he find an alternative provider.

649(including tax) for 30gb-40gb is perfect for my usage conditions :wewin: now just have to wait for a year or two for the connection to reach bangalore :(

649(including tax) for 30gb-40gb is perfect for my usage conditions :wewin: now just have to wait for a year or two for the connection to reach bangalore :(

At that price the current offer will be 30GB. And I doubt it will be even a year. We're almost at the point now where upon launch we would be able to explode on to the market not only in Mumbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back