Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is the cost of data in actual tariff?
(to us, I mean)

Current proposed tariffs (including tax) are:
5GB = 299
10GB = 349
20GB = 499
30GB = 649

Validity 30 days. No limit on speed - just whatever it can get subject to environmental factors, distance from tower etc.

From memory the current hardware will do something like 30mbit/s so some users might experiences bursts to that speed, but, to err on the side of caution, we only advertise it as "up to 8mbit/s" as we expect this to be about the average throughput when everyone is using the network.

With that in mind, however, the market for this product is also not likely to be too worried about whether they get 8 or 12 or 14.2 or 19.3 or 27.87 mbit/s, just so long as it's faster and better value for money than existing offerings, since we are not expecting to sell this lite product to "downloaders".

Any changes to the flat rate plans?

Current proposed tariffs (including tax) are:
5GB = 299
10GB = 349
20GB = 499
30GB = 649

Validity 30 days. No limit on speed - just whatever it can get subject to environmental factors, distance from tower etc.

From memory the current hardware will do something like 30mbit/s so some users might experiences bursts to that speed, but, to err on the side of caution, we only advertise it as "up to 8mbit/s" as we expect this to be about the average throughput when everyone is using the network.

With that in mind, however, the market for this product is also not likely to be too worried about whether they get 8 or 12 or 14.2 or 19.3 or 27.87 mbit/s, just so long as it's faster and better value for money than existing offerings, since we are not expecting to sell this lite product to "downloaders".

You mean that the users will always experience speeds of average 8mbps however users are on the network ?? :cool2: that is excellent news ! tum chaa jaoge !!

Any changes to the flat rate plans?

Yes. But not being released yet.

You mean that the users will always experience speeds of average 8mbps however users are on the network ?? :cool2: that is excellent news ! tum chaa jaoge !!

We think 5-8mbit/s on average for the wireless product, but this is subject to environmental factors and such as well. Each access point is capable of I think 34mbit/s throughput or something like that, but, like all wireless systems, this bandwidth is shared between users in a given radio sector, so performance could deteriorate in the case of many active users in a single sector. However, with adequate capacity planning and the use of Quality of Service, we can attempt to provide a minimum guaranteed throughput for each subscriber.

Given that, even though Hayai zone is available, users on these plans probably won't use it much, and that if we serve no more than 12 users per base station, then 12*30=360GB, so each access point will probably transfer a maximum of not more than 500GB of traffic per month (including both Hayai-zone and accountable traffic) - or, somewhere around 15-17GB per day.

Whilst 12 users using the same access point to download large files at exactly the same time would bring the average down to about 3mbit/s, but that would imply 100% utilization, which a) almost never happens (would be a huge coincidence) and b) as these are data-based plans, we expect it would be rare because of the distribution of data throughout the day (1-1.5GB per user per day). These numbers would also imply that everyone took the 30GB plan - another unlikely scenario.

As such, we take all of the other factors in to account (maximum speed, average distance from access point, trees/buildings and anything else that may affect radio waves) and suggest that if the hardware is capable of 30mbit/s, we divide it by 3 for all of the combined environmental factors as mentioned, and we come up with a maximum of about 10mbit/s that any one subscriber should be able to get. Given that there should be a minimal amount of congestion on the network due to the fact that we're only doing data plans, we do a little more subtraction and come up with 8.

That's not to say that some users won't get higher speeds, just that we can't really advertise 30+ because the average across all users won't be nearly that high: A similar deployment in Perth (Australia) showed customers at the cell-edge with an indoor CPE typically got speeds of around 1–4 Mbit/s, whilst users closer to the cell tower obtaining speeds of up to 30 Mbit/s. As such, and as I mentioned, in practice, most users will have a range of 5-8 Mbit/s services. If users (consistently) received speeds lower than this additional radio cards will be added to the base station (or a nearer base station would be set up) to increase the number of users that may be served as required.

aah, i cant wait anymore. need hayai bb soon..Indian governmnt is soo slow Dam... For now is there any isp who can provide 20-50mbps for 30-50gb limit in mumbai?? there is no fesiblity for tata or reliance wired..need a temp solution till you launch in mumbai..

i was going through the FAQ's where in it is mentioned that at the moment you will not be able to provide your services in 7 bungalows and Kandivali area.Why is that so??? is it coz of monopoly of existing ISPs

what will be the price range of unlimited plans. will it be lower than other ISP's

The prices won't be directly comparable unless other ISPs start offering flat-rate plans at the same speeds. I can say that we should be better value for money.

aah, i cant wait anymore. need hayai bb soon..Indian governmnt is soo slow Dam... For now is there any isp who can provide 20-50mbps for 30-50gb limit in mumbai?? there is no fesiblity for tata or reliance wired..need a temp solution till you launch in mumbai..

If Tata and Reliance aren't around, then probably not. Airtel's 30-50mbit/s plans still aren't available in Mumbai, I think (but they only exist with 200GB limits anyway). Depending on where you are in the city, I can try to make an enquiry or two.

i was going through the FAQ's where in it is mentioned that at the moment you will not be able to provide your services in 7 bungalows and Kandivali area.

Why is that so??? is it coz of monopoly of existing ISPs

Not because of the monopoly, strictly speaking - mostly because the cablewalas in those areas could be described as... anti-social. I had some problems with them at my old apartment when they found out where I lived. We have been trying to come to amicable arrangements for over a year now but so far has only been half solved: every time we talk to them, we get a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back