Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt wireless option going to be cheaper for you as well,i mean the installation etc.Can you give an Idea if 5mbps @2500 for wired line how much will be wireless?Considering for a second that both are unlimited.

In order to maintain a high quality of service, we are NOT providing flat-rate on wireless under any circumstances - this has been mentioned several times in this thread, as have the tariffs.

Put simply, Wireless is not a good medium and should only be looked at for light usage or as a supplementary connection (the same goes for 3G and LTE connections).

Also MGC it will allow you to bypass the cablewallahs.If you cant lay cable in a certain building or locality,you can offer Hayai Lite there.Do consider this option.

We are already bypassing cablewalas even on wired service - just some of them are sociopaths and occasionally threaten that if we enter their area they will do bad things to our equipment. Other than that, we are already intending to provide blanket access across all coverage areas with wireless service to the best of our ability. But we even have lower limits as to whether we will provide you with service: just because you might receive a signal, this doesn't mean we'll sell you access - the signal must be able to maintain at least somewhere around 3-5mbit/s, otherwise we will consider you to be too far away from the base station (in which case, we'll try and implement another one nearby).

Hayai lite is like Tikona wireless??? which installs a Wifi device on the pole of every street or Wimax Types?

Hayai lite is like Tikona wireless???

God no, that's blasphemy!

which installs a Wifi device on the pole of every street or Wimax Types?

It depends on the number of users in an area as to where and how we'll put our base stations, which are based on 802.16e Mobile Wimax (so there is the potential for you to use it on the move, even though we're selling it mostly as a fixed-wireless product). Minimum 3mbit/s must be achievable otherwise we won't provide service to that customer.

and tikona pings go upto 1000ms!!! with packet losses!!indian isp's need to learn that internet is NOT= opening websites .

No way HAYAI is like TIKONA, TIKONA is a fake company which put a label "4G" just to attract customers, and also why would a company provide 2 MBPS and that also 4G at 499 only.

THATS bullshit man, i too got many BROCHURES from FAKE TIKONA.

1 suggestion to u mg, that u can use the same BRAND 4 wireless that RELIANCE uses, people r so happy with their net connect broadband.(no offense just suggestion)

It's kind of 4G but not really, especially at the speeds they are offering. Their use of 4G I think is marketing more than anything else.

We wouldn't use the same kind of technology as Reliance Netconnect+ because it's CDMA1x, and only runs up to 3.1mbit/s - so it's worse than what we're building.

and tikona pings go upto 1000ms!!! with packet losses!!

indian isp's need to learn that internet is NOT= opening websites .

Whew. 1000ms. That's a lot. I've heard some horror stories but that's just out of this world.

Whew. 1000ms. That's a lot. I've heard some horror stories but that's just out of this world.

you want a real horror story .
my cousin . who with me plays online A LOT! . one fine day was having bad pings everywhere . including google.co.in and any other indian ip including his own isp's ips (reliance broadband).

250ms + . impossible for gaming ofcourse .so he calls the call centre.
after their textbook solutions of asking us to ping 192.168.1.1 :hysterical:. they kept wondering whats wrong (with my cousin:grin:).

meanwhile he did tracert to pinpoint that the ping increases before reaching the reliance gateway itself.

after wasting an hour or two with them . some technicin expert kinda guy was handed over the phone .
he said........ internet chal raha hai na ? bas toh fir thik hai. ping se kuch nahi hota (internet is working right? , then all's fine, ping doesnt matter ) . and dint care to hear anything else.

my cousin emailed everywhere he could . since his emails reached up to the head office . he did get call backs often . but his issues were regarded as silly ( and i bet half of them dint realise what was the issue)

my cousin who is quite resourceful . digged up the TRAI guidelines for isp's in which the maximum ping from the customer places to the node shud be something 100 etc. i dont remember.

and attached that and sent emails to wherever he can again . and finally they were stirred up a bit and fixed his prob after 7 days or something.

to this day , this remains the lowest point of indian isp's i have experienced. :pleasehelp:

I suppose it depends on what servers your cousin was playing online games. 250 to the US or Europe is acceptable, would be quite high for Singapore but still (sadly) within range.From memory I think the pingtime within India isn't supposed to exceed 130ms but I too forget the exact number. Up to the ISP node it's supposed to be even less, like 40ms or something like that.

we mostly play dota with fellow indians only. and he was pinging 250+ to reliance-mates as well. let alone other indian ips , forget abroad servers .and reliance says ping doesnt matter:cool2:

we mostly play dota with fellow indians only. and he was pinging 250+ to reliance-mates as well. let alone other indian ips , forget abroad servers .
and reliance says ping doesnt matter:cool2:
Whoa 250+ pings in Dota on Garena(I m assuming here that u play on Garena) ... Man that is high... I m betting he must be getting kiked from more than 1/2 the games he joins if not all :( ... Does he lag or are the pings just high & he does not feel much lag... I myself get less than 100 ping on my BSNL landline & 140-160 ping on my BSNL 3G(which I dont consider suitable to gaming online)... If ur frnds is really into Dota it would be better if he switched to a wired service...

BTW @MG are u gonna host gaming servers for PC other than Steam??? Garena is a popular choice among many gamers coz it does not chk for if the game is pirated or not...

Whoa 250+ pings in Dota on Garena(I m assuming here that u play on Garena) ... Man that is high... I m betting he must be getting kiked from more than 1/2 the games he joins if not all :( ... Does he lag or are the pings just high & he does not feel much lag... I myself get less than 100 ping on my BSNL landline & 140-160 ping on my BSNL 3G(which I dont consider suitable to gaming online)... If ur frnds is really into Dota it would be better if he switched to a wired service...

no u dont get it . he has reliance wired broadband ! . thts an error which one day happened to him . and reliance ppl just dint knew/care/bother with it . (they said ping doesnt matter, while he struggled for 7 days)
he and i are knowledgable enough to not even attempt playing at 250 ping . ur thinking generally . i was just telling mg a story . his ping was restored to the usual 70-100 .
(yes we do play on garena)

about the server thing . : why would mg bother with garena (unless he play himself) . we can just go and host our own games on garena . pigns will be crazy low already . only the latest games ( since the servers are secured and their code is unrelased to public )need servers to be hosted by some company level guy like mg. example bad company 2 , cod black ops ......
but then mg (or any1 else for that matter) will only host such servers if there is demand . and as you know , only very few indian guys spend money on original games when they are given an option for pirated downloading/purchase. so no one is gonna start a black ops / bc2 server for 4-5 ppl.

other old games( if you mean like counter strike , call of duty 4, 5, dota , warcraft ) , you can create a server yourself!
what games do u have in mind ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back