Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wrote a post reply to rajadeep. it had to be approved by a moderator. weird. does this happen when a posts gets long ? anyway mg plz approve it coz i forgot what i wrote already :P

I didn't get anything to moderate that I've seen.

i dont know........ it does have its bugs . and im not familiar with subnetting concepts
but garena has rooms (thousands and thousands of rooms )
each with the 250 player limit .
so basically those 250 ppl are isolated from any other garena user and become under a VLAN . and they get together and play the games. so i dont think ipv6 is neccessary . is it?

Probably each VLAN will just be 192.168.1.x (with the subnet of 255.255.255.0) or something like that. IPv6 is necessary for us because we are running an all-IPv6 network (though we have translators for IPv6 -> IPv4)

well im not an expert. but since the end-result is a virtual lan . there has to be a host who single handedly handles the rest of the remaining players(clients) in the game. if the host disconnects. all disconnect. that wouldnt be p2p ? (asking)

That would be in a client-server situation, which is now sounds like it might be. As such, it's better that the server/host is in a data center.

about the machine you put for the purpose of having peple connect to it . since were talking abou garena! . garena only supports a selecter number of gameS! . most of them are dormant . and not worth spending time and resources on .

Server's aren't that expensive. If the demand is sufficient enough in India, then it's worth setting up game servers (Garena or otherwise). If it's not, then it won't be done - simple, no?

only 2 games are warcraft3 and dota.
in dota/warcraft3 a person hast to host a game for 10 players including himself. the coding is such that if the hosts disconnects . ALL disconnects . so what extra can be done besides what garena is already doing is what i dont understand (something that rajadeep suggest hayai shud do ). the pings already are the minimal ones , which would otherwise be externally if u ping . if hayai users be on a garean room they will ping 4-10ms (whatever they would otherwise) .
so hayai need not bother on garena . ppl are mistaken about its concept

OK, I think I get the situation. Garena servers are hosted elsewhere - this a company hosting servers for these games. They have their own online currency and so forth. You connect to their servers, and your ping time is to their servers, not to the other users.

By the looks of things, they have servers in Singapore and the UAE (I could be completely wrong), so whatever your pingtimes are to those countries is what you'd get. We should be able to provide significant improvement over existing ISPs, but I think unless Garena put one of their servers in India, in one of our data centers, probably pingtimes would not improve to anything like 4-10ms.

OK, I think I get the situation. Garena servers are hosted elsewhere - this a company hosting servers for these games. They have their own online currency and so forth. You connect to their servers, and your ping time is to their servers, not to the other users.

By the looks of things, they have servers in Singapore and the UAE (I could be completely wrong), so whatever your pingtimes are to those countries is what you'd get. We should be able to provide significant improvement over existing ISPs, but I think unless Garena put one of their servers in India, in one of our data centers, probably pingtimes would not improve to anything like 4-10ms.

nooooo.
see pure and simple. garena is just a platform at large scale , which has created . thousands of rooms (just for the sake of organization) (each with 250 capacity since thts the basic lan limit 255). . so there will be a room like INDIA DOTA ROOM 1
ill enter that room . and then you will enter that room.
suppose you are pinging 150ms to me (if i separately ping your ip or vice versa) . i will get the SAME ping to you in garena room . (yes you have pings to each and every user inside the garena room).
and we both can enter IRAQ DOTA ROOM 1 and still be able to play with same pings. rooms are just for organization purposes. so ppl can play with their countrymen for better pings.

so no . WE DONT connect to their servers for gameplay purposes! . we connect to their servers just for the "service" they provide to be online as a user . have some friends on ur friend list to chat with( tell them to join a particular room etc.) and thats it. since the population on garena is increaseing . they have 3-4 severs to handle the database and users and chats and clan leagues information etc. but thats all they do . in the end when you and i will be PLAYING on garena . the connection will be direct. and garena servers can very well go DOWN at that time and wont interrupt our gameplay (till we end the game and come back on garena room to find other players and start another game that is).
the real culprit is the so called "garena server". which confuses people like garena is actually some gaming server ( they should just call it something else :P ) .
so Garena is not a server/ or a place for servers to be setup. its a place for individuals to be under one roof and host games (mainly dota!). which needs indivudual hosts and not separate dedicated servers

about the ip thing . if they were to use 192.168.1.x for each guy in every room . wont that clash with our already present configuration.
i mean my local ip with me and router is 192.168.1.7 and router being 192.168.1.1 .
if my garena's vlan adapter ip SOMEHOW turns out to be assigned by garena also as 192.168.1.7 . wont that be a ambiguous clash of some sorts
anyway i say third octet. because one day i was able to find it out some how ( years ago) . and i remember reading 192.168.97.1 something like that . anyway you would know better in this department

OHH man this is getting too technical.

I never got chance for PLAYING online in my PS2. BCAUSE i was a noob and still a noob, my all DVD game dics got screwed up and now my PS2 lens died & also never played online multiplayer games in PC too.

WTF I spent so much money on my PS2 like around AED 700 (RS 7000) , and still never got online EXPERIENCE of it.

My most played game was the " MIDNIGHT CLUB DUB EDITION" i still FEEL DISSAPPOINTED that ROCKSTAR GAMES did not release PC version of it.

thts one too many issues for a single post . :happy:
no fun like multiplayer. :wewin:

nooooo.
see pure and simple. garena is just a platform at large scale , which has created . thousands of rooms (just for the sake of organization) (each with 250 capacity since thts the basic lan limit 255). . so there will be a room like INDIA DOTA ROOM 1
ill enter that room . and then you will enter that room.
suppose you are pinging 150ms to me (if i separately ping your ip or vice versa) . i will get the SAME ping to you in garena room . (yes you have pings to each and every user inside the garena room).
and we both can enter IRAQ DOTA ROOM 1 and still be able to play with same pings. rooms are just for organization purposes. so ppl can play with their countrymen for better pings.

so no . WE DONT connect to their servers for gameplay purposes! . we connect to their servers just for the "service" they provide to be online as a user . have some friends on ur friend list to chat with( tell them to join a particular room etc.) and thats it. since the population on garena is increaseing . they have 3-4 severs to handle the database and users and chats and clan leagues information etc. but thats all they do . in the end when you and i will be PLAYING on garena . the connection will be direct. and garena servers can very well go DOWN at that time and wont interrupt our gameplay (till we end the game and come back on garena room to find other players and start another game that is).
the real culprit is the so called "garena server". which confuses people like garena is actually some gaming server ( they should just call it something else :P ) .
so Garena is not a server/ or a place for servers to be setup. its a place for individuals to be under one roof and host games (mainly dota!). which needs indivudual hosts and not separate dedicated servers

about the ip thing . if they were to use 192.168.1.x for each guy in every room . wont that clash with our already present configuration.
i mean my local ip with me and router is 192.168.1.7 and router being 192.168.1.1 .
if my garena's vlan adapter ip SOMEHOW turns out to be assigned by garena also as 192.168.1.7 . wont that be a ambiguous clash of some sorts
anyway i say third octet. because one day i was able to find it out some how ( years ago) . and i remember reading 192.168.97.1 something like that . anyway you would know better in this department

Duly noted. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I would hope that even the Hayai Lite should be capable (although not ideally suited for) online gaming - pings definitely shouldn't be more than any existing provider's network.

OHH man this is getting too technical.

I never got chance for PLAYING online in my PS2. BCAUSE i was a noob and still a noob, my all DVD game dics got screwed up and now my PS2 lens died & also never played online multiplayer games in PC too.

WTF I spent so much money on my PS2 like around AED 700 (RS 7000) , and still never got online EXPERIENCE of it.

My most played game was the " MIDNIGHT CLUB DUB EDITION" i still FEEL DISSAPPOINTED that ROCKSTAR GAMES did not release PC version of it.

What a pity that things devalue - can pick up a PS2 in NZ (a notoriously expensive place to buy electronics) for about 10k rupees or less. Boxed.

I'd have thought as a self-professed banker (who only just got a bank account) you'd know to invest in things that make you money and raise your net worth first and only then buy things that depreciate when the cash is spare - that's like, economics 101.

Of course, there's always the stock market and Sharekhan.com (which works so long as you don't get scared by short-term losses, otherwise it's better than a bank account: my bank accounts currently earn me 4% interest, but the markets earn me about 10-12% on average, so long as you have your eggs in a sufficient number of baskets, after all - more than that is basically where the luck comes in to it).

A little update on Hayai Lite: we're seriously considering a change in technology (yay for last-minute changes).

Even though we have access to a WiMax network in Mumbai, we're now thinking that we should use 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11n) with high-gain antennas so that users can have internet access without a CPE, but it's also due (in part) to some manufacturers scaling back their WiMax equipment offerings.

For subscribers who don't have WiFi (or if the signal is weak), we can provide an a CPE with an outdoor antenna to be attached to the window cage to give a better signal, and although using WiFi instead of WiMax will mean that we will have to install more APs (in some cases, one AP for each apartment building plus repeaters as necessary), we think that the combination of technology and increase density of APs will give us better coverage, reliability & speed than what we were working on with WiMax. 802.11g/n also offers faster speeds.
The reason for this new consideration is because in NZ we're using 5GHz WiFi (802.11n) due to 2.4GHz being widely used in NZ and the limited availability of WiMax equipment. The advantage to this is that we don't have any interference, the disadvantage is that because most WiFi cards don't support 5GHz by default, this requires everyone to have a CPE on their roof (which contributes about Rs300/month to the fee). The good news is that so far the tests are giving us speeds in excess of what the wired line actually handles, even at distances of 2.2km.

Authentication & security in both cases would be taken care of by WPA2-Enterprise (when you connect to the wifi, you enter a username & password, such as [email protected]).

Plans are pretty good.....however I would like to suggest instead of Speed reduction to 256kbit/s , Why not 512kbit/s ?

Flat-rate, 5 or 10... or even 100mbit/s. FUP ~25GB. Speed reduction to ~512kbit/s. Rs999

Hmm.. I thought MG had made it clear, I think , maybe a couple of hundred times or maybe a bit more that no throttled/unlimited connection will be provided

Plans are pretty good.....however I would like to suggest instead of Speed reduction to 256kbit/s , Why not 512kbit/s ?

Flat-rate, 5 or 10... or even 100mbit/s. FUP ~25GB. Speed reduction to ~512kbit/s. Rs999

We don't have flat-rate on Hayai Lite, and never will. These are strictly data plans only with a maximum of 30GB per month as users wanting more data than this aren't really the target audience for the "Hayai Lite" product.

There never has been any speed reduction on the flat-rate fiber plans, either. The FUP is an FUP for the sake of letting customers know what could be considered as "reasonable", and not a limit after which we will reduce speed or anything like that - unless, of course, the customers usage is SO unreasonable that we have to do something like get them to curb their usage or upgrade their plan. Even then, this FUP only applies to off-net traffic.

Data plans are data plans - PAYG (rounded up to the nearest 0.1GB/Re1) or Prepaid: both cost Rs10/GB.

Chances are good that the night flat-rate plans will be removed because there hasn't been much interest expressed in them at all, so in the interest of "keeping it simple", they're not really worth having.

I think one of the main reasons of night flat-rate not evoking any enthusiasm is that the Daytime GB limit seems very less..... I understand, that the whole purpose of having a night flat-rate based plan itself is mainly to target night users, and offer some basic data usage. But 4-20 GB looks very less, as an add-on to the night "flat-rate" , not sure how it affects the rate & your target of the intended audience, but 20-50 GB would be a better daytime GB to provide to have some interest in the plans. Ofcourse, the catch here is that people who would have taken 24x7 flat-rate would then be tempted to go for this night flat-rate

I think one of the main reasons of night flat-rate not evoking any enthusiasm is that the Daytime GB limit seems very less..... I understand, that the whole purpose of having a night flat-rate based plan itself is mainly to target night users, and offer some basic data usage. But 4-20 GB looks very less, as an add-on to the night "flat-rate" , not sure how it affects the rate & your target of the intended audience, but 20-50 GB would be a better daytime GB to provide to have some interest in the plans. Ofcourse, the catch here is that people who would have taken 24x7 flat-rate would then be tempted to go for this night flat-rate

It's designed that way - if a user is going to use 20-50GB of daytime usage he might as well get the 24x7 flat-rate plan instead as the price difference between the two is not significant - Rs500 extra would cover your 50GB of usage right there and would end up equaling the cost of the 24x7 plan with less benefit for the consumer. Putting the daytime GB up to 20 or 50GB as you're saying would increase the price enough that it wouldn't make sense to even have these night plans to begin with.

Besides, if I'm really honest, I've never really liked night plans anyway - as far as I'm concerned, broadband has two states: on & off. It should be always there and ready for use - you can turn off your modem if you wish, but the connection itself should be always available.

I think if we make it such that we have just flat-rate, data & lite, then the choices become much easier for the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back