New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,822
admin ji how much are you paying and whats your speed and whats the max dl you have done in any given month ?I suggest you to take the 1599 2mbps @ 75 + 300 iptv plan!how much is the difference?.I'll pass these plans as they are too expensive and there are no 512k or 1mbps plans.I am happy with my 649 512k @ 10gb with rs 100 talktime free and pulse rate 1p\1.2p

only plans with 75GB & 150GB limits are good, other plans are same/costlier compared to existing plansIn Hyderabad, they are offering 2mbps upto 10GB (FUP) for 899 only

if the user is paying per GB, he cannot really abuse the service. he would be paying for usage by GB!

I agree. A flat rate per GB charged on actual usage basis is the best solution.

I was about to write almost same line
Make sure you don't hire him :-)

That's why pricing should remain MY decision.

nd are these plans throttled on P2P and Ytube as the current plans are...

That's one other thing I don't get: if they limit your data, why limit your speed for p2p/youtube/the applications people actually WANT to freakin' use? Doesn't make sense. I hope that goes away... do one or the other, not both.

Nah i dont think so,they will employ per gb rate post fup.

Good. This would be better for everybody (if the rate is reasonable).

nice to know airtel has finally woken up. The new plans will give a tough time for smaller players who dominate by giving cheap plans but falter in quality of service.

Guess the number of people voting with their wallets finally exceeded Airtel's threshold ;)

But airtel should have come up with higher speed plans. When will we the light of 5mbps and 10mbps starter plans.

I still reckon this is bad thinking - not just on Airtel's part but on yours and most of the rest of the Indian Broadband consumers too. I'd still REALLY like to see Airtel and others offer full line speed up to some FUP and then restrict it thereafter - it would make far more sense.

Yes, the speed drop would be more obvious (or look worse on paper), but the idea behind the FUP is NOT to supposed to restrict the average user, it's to stop abuse, and with these new fairer FUPs it might be fair to say that fewer people would be hitting the FUP anyway, but the point I'm trying to make is, while I'm within my data cap/FUP, I want full-speed, damnit!

Give me up to 24mbit/s (subject to line quality and distance from the DSLAM) and I'll be a happy camper, otherwise having 2, 4, 5, 10 or whatever mbit/s plans doesn't make sense UNLESS the amount of data transfer is unlimited/flat-rate OR unless the FUP is like ours (where users constantly going over the limit are obliged to upgrade their plan).

It's like I've always said: restrict one or the other, but preferably not both.

hey MG how come BB co. in Inida dnt hire ppl like you with your kind of thinking everyone is happy then...or r the BB happy minting money at the expense of unhappy consumers.....I think I will stick with my current plan...for now as even if the new plans are throttled then no point shifting to them atleast fr me...good for those who were paying 1200 to 2000 pm for 20-50GB FUP...

you are forgetting beam? the change has already begun.

no more beam talk lets stick to airtel now lol

btw anyone subscribed to these new plans as yet...then let us knw if speeds are throttled or not...on ytube and p2p.....

I think ppl have even gotten calls regarding these one of my frnd messaged me last week airtel shifted him to some 2MBps plan.....

hey MG how come BB co. in Inida dnt hire ppl like you with your kind of thinking everyone is happy then...or r the BB happy minting money at the expense of unhappy consumers.....

I dunno. I guess they're happy minting money :D

It could also be that they assume Indian Broadband users are not educated about countries that aren't the US and UK - maybe they don't anticipate that some idiot is going to come from an area like Scandinavia and start making noises on forums like this one. Who knows.

I don't take credit for any of the changes going on now, as much as I hope I've made *some* difference so far.

In some ways, I like Beam. It's nice to see someone apparently on our side of the pissing contest or at least seeming to have a somewhat similar view when it comes to speed.

no more beam talk lets stick to airtel now lol

btw anyone subscribed to these new plans as yet...then let us knw if speeds are throttled or not...on ytube and p2p.....

I think ppl have even gotten calls regarding these one of my frnd messaged me last week airtel shifted him to some 2MBps plan.....

That wouldn't be this new promo of paying Rs100 extra and getting 2mbit/s speed, would it?

Let me see if i have something for me? Whats the use of giving 2mbps at 1600 odd bucks? I'm getting bloody fckn 15mbps.. 40gb and 4mbps post fup from beam. And.. Whos gonna take these plans. I still hate bharati bb for: 1. High pings2. Dns hijacking.3. So called impatience plans(they should be above 10mbps). Now a days even 4mbps doesn't make sense4. Again poor fair limits.

Just got to know about the new plans but thr webpage is not showing anything when i select delhi and region ghaziabad, maybe they are busy to undo mistakes :Pairtel has given me a retention plan, i have swift 1099 plan rt now(1 mbps till 15gb) + 1000 rupees of free speed on demand aka SOD per month (3 months retention plan), so this month will be the last to enjoy speed on demand :P. i called them for charging me money for landline calls even though i only use it to call 198 and kick thr a** every month (ya ya thr is always a issue :hammer:) . Also, they cannot tell how much SOD service i have used till now (For this month) though in the bill the SOD is shown in DSL usage charges, so the thing is thr billing department can calculate or get thr figures about SOD usage but thr technical dept cant?? I am worried that how much SOD i have used this month, is it over 1000 rupees or not :(They told me about a new 1299 plan with 2mbps till 30GB. So its still crap!

Back