Overall Jio AirFiber Experience

I could honestly blame myself for one thing only and that was thinking that having a glorified 5G Mobile Data Hotspot would be a good idea.
Here is my TLDR of my experience with using Jio AirFiber:
  1. Only good for basic browsing + video streaming but expect it to be extremely sluggish and annoying
  2. Doing anything that requires a stable connection to a server? Forget about it, disconnection is inevitable.
  3. Pathetic Service. You can't really use this thing without having packet loss, speed issues or disconnection.
  4. You can't get a refund once you pay, what's worse you have to stick with this shitty service for 6/12 months depending on your purchased plan.
  5. Using their STB is also terrible, oddly for me having trouble with connecting with my TP-Link extender which works totally fine with all of my other devices.
  6. 1000 GB FUP, really bad for those who do bandwidth intensive tasks like downloading large files or video streaming.
  7. Customer Care will do the following if you having internet issues:
    • Restart Router, very much the obvious thing to do but doesn't help.
    • Reset Router, barely does anything to help. The router has barely anything settings that can impact internet speeds + connection quality.
    • Technicians, honestly they can't really do anything if 99% of the internet issues are entirely backend aka issues from Jio's end itself.
  8. You don't get any form of compansation also. If you are someone that can't invest into a new ISP then you are screwed.
    You can use mobile hotspot and such but that's isn't a good long term solution.

They have 200mbps plan on airtel airfiber? Can u share the details please

Back