Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
Let us wait whether they add good commentators in the forthcoming Indo-pak series?.
I accept that neo too has got bakwas commentators like arun lal but atleast they have some good commentators like barry richards, ramiz raja.

One common thing with arun lal is that i find him on neo sports, zee sports, ten sports, Sony max when india is playing. It seems that he is an allrounder. I forgot mr.siva ramakrishnan too. He is also common with many channels:wall:

Onething to remember that no channel is willing to have arun lal commentary?.

Yes that's really good for all dishtv viewers nnow they can watch even test matches as well and also there is now no need of neo sports.
I wonder you might have seen other forums where dish members pour in many valuable information but i dont understand why there is hue & cry for neo channels as the matches which are played in india are mandotory for sports boradcaster to give the feed to DD no matter whether its 50/50 or 20/20 or test matches. In TS also its not mandatory too.:thumbsup:

Onething to remember that no channel is willing to have arun lal commentary?.
I belive earlier when zee sports was telecasting some indian cricket series which was played in singapore or malaysia he was commentating on that and also when india toured pakistan last time he was there in tensports with his partner LS:wall:

@asdfgf. My next agenda is buying a computer but that will take some time atleast till next appraisal of mine

Appraisals may come and appraisals may go (rhymes with men may come and men may go, but I go on for ever; Wordsworth I think). Don't wait, buy a pc and take an internet connection. Sooner the better.

A friend of mine recently purchased a Dell pc. The story is quite interesting. Just bear with me, it is a bit longish.

1. A model was selected on line from the dell site. Quote was sent by email, and chased by a marketing engineer by regular phone calls.
2. Within 3 days of the quote, there was a press ad. and a better model was available.
3. Contacted the marketing man for a new quotation, change of options etc. He had to be told ref. no from the ad; he was not able to locate it himself.
4. Model selected (about Rs. 38000) and order faxed to Bangalore. (5 sep 07)
5. Payment: The marketing man wanted a crossed draft or wanted the credit card number (which obviously was refused). There is no provision to pay on line. After calls and emails, a bank account no. was given for money transfer.
6. Now the order was accepted and acknowledged by email. Follow up is to be done by checking the dell site. It has several stages - factory manufacture and dispatch - on transit - receipt at local warehouse - delivery - installation.
7. The computer was dispatched from Singapore on 8 sep and was in transit for about 3 weeks.
8. Three days after placing the order, the web site had a model with higher processing power but at a lesser price (by about 4000). Dell’s marketing man became incommunicado, was not answering the phone or replying to emails. Even the group leader was evasive and offered to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
9. Bingo, the higher-end model at lesser price vanished from the web site; the marketing man was not aware of any such model; he insisted that my friend should have made a screen copy of the offer as this kind of web mistakes occur sometimes.
10. There was another equivalent model at a lesser price (7000), but not recommended by the marketing man. When confronted he said that that the model is manufactured in India and when all the taxes are added, it may cost the same. He offered to send a quotation, but never did. End of all communication.
11. No response from Dell India on complaints sent by email. Total silence from all sides; my friend also gave up.
12. Computer delivered on 24/09 by courier.
13. Message from dell on 27/09 that the computer is in transit and expected delivery date is 3/10.
14. After waiting for 3 days, my friend opened the packing, connected everything and powered it up. All documentation was perfect, so powering up was a breeze. Everything was perfect.
15. A service engineer called around 10th oct; when told that the comp is already up, asked whether a visit was necessary. When queried whether dell will refund the installation and commissioning charges (1500), he offered to visit and check everything, as refund is .
16. He visited, checked and signed the commissioning report “Powered up by the customer and everything is fine.”
17. The computer is working well, and my friend is very happy with the hardware and performance.
18. On 26 Oct, late evening, he faced a problem – internet connectivity related, ip address clash – caused by meddling with the settings. When dell tel. assistance was sought, he got this recorded message – This service is available only during normal working hours, Monday to Friday. Please contact on Monday.
Moral when dealing with Dell:
1. You must be computer savvy or a total novice to select a model for ordering, as you will not get any help from Dell in selection.
2. After placing the order and making payment, you have to wait and wring your hands. Delivery and installation will happen at Dell’s pleasure.
3. You must have faith in God and prayers and hope that the comp does not break down, especially on Friday evening.
I am sorry this has become a long posting. I have tried to condense it as much as I can.

i am pretty sure you would not get support on sundays from other companies. i am pretty sure you would not get support after 6-7 pm from local dealers.Dell would tell you the max time it would take to get your order delivered. and they deliver within that time most of the time :|

i am pretty sure you would not get support on sundays from other companies.

i am pretty sure you would not get support after 6-7 pm from local dealers.

Dell would tell you the max time it would take to get your order delivered. and they deliver within that time most of the time :|

not all of them are like that.... your thinking wont be like that for all....

some work really hard to earn... not all of them relax.. i think you dont know about real worth people.... here people work till late night too for some problems..

neat...

he wants government to reduce import taxes so that they can sell computers at rate comparable to local dealers.

they don't manufacture everything here so they have to import a lot of hardware for every order from singapore. my lcd was imported. my friend's laptop was imported. takes a lot of time.

not all of them are like that.... your thinking wont be like that for all....

some work really hard to earn... not all of them relax.. i think you dont know about real worth people.... here people work till late night too for some problems..

i have had very bad experiences with local assemblers... and i have seen people having bad experiences with hcl and zenith.

Dell guarantees next day service if you buy a package for that. my lcd would be replaced the NEXT DAY if it goes bad. now that's service. tho i am yet to experience it. not that i want to test them out... i had like to have my LCD working for a long long time.

i am pretty sure you would not get support on sundays from other companies.

i am pretty sure you would not get support after 6-7 pm from local dealers.

Dell would tell you the max time it would take to get your order delivered. and they deliver within that time most of the time :|

You missed a few things:
1. Three days after the computer was delivered, there was an email declaring the estimated delivery date.
2. I would expect at least telephone assistance 24X7.
3. For complaint (of course, not he usual type), there was no response, except the standard automated acknowledgment.
4. Though response is quick and helpful before placing the order, the communication becomes ice cold after the order is placed.
5. Touch wood, the product is good, and no complaints on that front.

Back