Tata Sky DTH's New Face : ASIN

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeniaWadia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 11,396
Big tv in 90 days! that is just 3 months :thumbsup: What is Tamil/south basic package in TS costs? Do you get UTV, Bindass, NDTV etc.,. free like in SD? Big tv is equally good in its pricing.

They are not giving any subsidie. Its all illusion. It would be nice if you could tell in which way they are giving subsidie and how they recover it.

Don't know why marans should come in a thread where beautiful Asin is there :D I simply said that TS can better satisify the customers rather than wasting money in Aamir and Asin. May be you only gave the idea to Vikaram about including Asin. So getting angry with me.

Maran brothers can spend on family settlement, give STBs free, bundle all channels for throwaway price, and still makes lot of profit. Perhaps Mr. Reddy of Kalaignar TV who was beaten black and blue and in hospital with fractured limbs can throw some light. Son tv has a different financial model. TS has a different finance model.
By the way, what will happen to Kalaignar group channels and Arasu and Royal cable corporation/companies. What happens to the money invested by the government and cable operators. This will be used to subsidise sun dth customers!

Maran brothers can spend on family settlement, give STBs free, bundle all channels for throwaway price, and still makes lot of profit. Perhaps Mr. Reddy of Kalaignar TV who was beaten black and blue and in hospital with fractured limbs can throw some light. Son tv has a different financial model. TS has a different finance model.
By the way, what will happen to Kalaignar group channels and Arasu and Royal cable corporation/companies. What happens to the money invested by the government and cable operators. This will be used to subsidise sun dth customers!

I am once again telling that no dth is giving any subsidies. If you think SD or TS giving subsidies it is imagination. Come with a proof how they are giving at subsidised price. In my previous ID I have given a detailed list of cost and the price they sell. None of them are at lesser price. SD is not using public money. If TS is not getting more subscribers then it is with the package and the cost they sell. See at Big tv and their offer and compare it with TS. Big tv wins.

Ts sucks.

I don't want to talk about maran in this thread as it will offtopic. Open a thread in SD section where we can chat about them :)

Now a days after awareness from DISH TV, Tata Sky & DD Direct+, people started knowing DTH, and hence it is no surprise that million number is achieved by new operators so quickly. If looking at past, DISH TV took more then year (may be) to reach that figure, after TATASKY's entry & its adv's, DISH TV's sale also increased by increased awareness. And now with neck-to-neck competition, new entrants needed to be aggressive to make people aware, and the result is millions of subscribers by all DTH operators.

When Dish tv started it costed around 9,000 I think. Now Dish tv, SD costs Rs.1499. So they are getting more customers. It is not just awareness but also the price. Now assuming awareness it good then why not TS able to get 1 million subscibers in 90days like Big tv? Why they take 300 days?

they havent yet moved to mpeg4 transmission(AFAIK).and now luring people showing a film heroine?:whistle: next what?

They lured first with Aamir khan. Then about their TS+ stbs which can only record and we cannot transfer. They don't work in HD either. Can anyone guess their next move?

When Dish tv started it costed around 9,000 I think. Now Dish tv, SD costs Rs.1499. So they are getting more customers. It is not just awareness but also the price. Now assuming awareness it good then why not TS able to get 1 million subscibers in 90days like Big tv? Why they take 300 days?
Okay, what are we interested in? getting good service & desired channels or Tata Sky getting Millions of customers? If TATASKY gets MILLIONS of customers and become no. 1 based on customers number, but their service is worst, then would we continue with TATASKY? NO. Our interest so far as customer must be in better service. Even if TATASKY is having just 100 customers, but their service is best, we would be happy to be part of that 'elite' group of customers ;)

They don't work in HD either. Can anyone guess their next move?
As per some thread in TATASKY+ section, TS+ STB's are equiped with decoders capable for HD reception, and even have component out, so technically I feel STB's are capable of HD reception, but may be TATASKY not having HD transmission plans in near future, so they no highlighting that point (or we all will start calling them for HD). Thing lacking is HDMI interface which is costly and could have raised STB prices further

I told TS was wasting money on actress instead they can improve the service. I have seen all HD stbs having HDMI output. How did that thread conclude they are HD capable?

I told TS was wasting money on actress instead they can improve the service.

I have seen all HD stbs having HDMI output. How did that thread conclude they are HD capable?
Have a look at this thread https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth-service/39011-ts-broadcom-details/ where we have discussed about TS+ STB's chipset being capable of HD decoding.
About HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), it is not necessary for HD reception, but HDMI avoids copying of content from STB to external devices like HDD through it. So many content providers make it compulsion for DTH/IPTV operators to have HDMI interface, so their content is not illegally copied. Adding HDMI costs a lot causing increase in STB price, so TS+ may have not included HDMI. If later Tata Sky plans for HD transmission (lets call it TATASKY-HD ;)), they may bring HDMI based STB's in market.
Back on Topic, how many people (South Indian) would go for TATASKY, because Asin is endorsing it?

Back on Topic, how many people (South Indian) would go for Tata Sky, because Asin is endorsing it?

Eventhough Asin is endorsing, no one will go for TS:yahoo:, because Tata SKy has very less amount of South Indian channels:dance: when compare to Others:cry:. So South Indian wont go for TS. AirTel, BigTV, SUN DTH and Dish give more south indian channels. :evil:

Have a look at this thread https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth-service/39011-ts-broadcom-details/ where we have discussed about TS+ STB's chipset being capable of HD decoding.
About HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), it is not necessary for HD reception, but HDMI avoids copying of content from STB to external devices like HDD through it. So many content providers make it compulsion for DTH/IPTV operators to have HDMI interface, so their content is not illegally copied. Adding HDMI costs a lot causing increase in STB price, so TS+ may have not included HDMI. If later Tata Sky plans for HD transmission (lets call it TATASKY-HD ;)), they may bring HDMI based STB's in market.
Back on Topic, how many people (South Indian) would go for TATASKY, because Asin is endorsing it?

In that thread there was no information about the particular processor ie.BCM 7453. It was assumed that it will also support HD as BCM 7452 supports it(just like PIII Vs PIV). I have provided a link for BCM 7454 and it doesn't support HD.
http://www.broadcom.com/products/Satellite/Satellite-Set-Top-Box-Solutions/BCM7454

We aren't sure whether it will decode HD or not. What I personally think is it won't support HD.

Eventhough Asin is endorsing, no one will go for TS:yahoo:, because Tata Sky has very less amount of South Indian channels:dance: when compare to Others:cry:. So South Indian wont go for TS. AirTel, BigTV, SUN DTH and Dish give more south indian channels. :evil:
Asin is now compared with other hindi actors; she has moved out of the tamil kingdom. Why south indians are always thinking of only southern market.

Asin is now compared with other hindi actors; she has moved out of the tamil kingdom. Why south indians are always thinking of only southern market.
If ruling market in 1 place be there and rule there which gives you fame......rather than getting bad names in other market.......

Back